1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Bush resignation speech

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigbore613, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

The speech George W. Bush COULD give:

Normally, I start these things out by saying "My Fellow Americans." Not doing it this time. If the polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore. I do know something terrible has happened, and that you're really not fellow Americans any longer.

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit. Now before anyone
    gets all in a lather about me quitting to avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you: Theres been no breaking of laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people.
    I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really
    going on in the world. Or of what's going on in this once-great nation of ours. And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media. Polls show that the majority of you think
    the economy is in the tank. And that's despite record numbers of homeowners, including record numbers of MINORITY homeowners. And while we're mentioning minorities, I'll point out that minority business ownership is at an all-time high. Our unemployment rate is as low as it ever was during the Clinton Administration. I've mentioned all those things before, but it
    doesn't seem to have sunk in.

Despite the shock to our economy of 9/11, the stock market has
    rebounded to record levels and more Americans than ever are participating in these markets. Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront
    property than your economic security.

We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this blood for
    oil" thing. If I were trading blood for oil I would've already seized Iraq 's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell.
    And don't give me this 'Bush Lied; People Died' crap either. If I were the liar you morons take me for, I could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'discovered.' Instead, I owned up to the fact that the intelligence was faulty. Let me remind you that the rest of the world
    thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also remind you that regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office.
    Some guy named ' Clinton ' established that policy.
    Bet you didn't know that, did you?

You idiots need to understand that we face a unique enemy.
    Back during the cold war, there were two major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to outspend and out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy
    don't care if they survive. In fact, they want to die. That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them as they can. But they are. They want to kill you. And the bastards are all over the globe.
    You should be grateful that they haven't gotten any more of
    us here in the United States since September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of intelligence, military, law enforcement, and homeland security people have worked to make sure of that. When this whole mess started, I warned you that this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm disappointed how many of you people think a
    long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of 'Survivor.
    Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing
    things through the long lens of history, the way our enemies do. You think that wars should last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the
    enemy. Every time you buy the New York Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, dammit, you might just as well FedEx a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.
    In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth.
    It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on the pages of the New York Times or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter.
    Most of you would rather watch American Idol.

I could say more about your expectations that the government
    will always be there to bail you out, even if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below sea level and has a hurricane approaching. I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so,
    it would sail right over your heads

So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could only dream) and the
    capability to be fully self-sufficient. No one ever heard of Crawford before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

Oh, and by the way, Cheney's quitting too. That means Pelosi is
    your new President. You asked for it. Watch what she does carefully, because I still have a glimmer of hope that there are just enough of you remaining who are smart enough to turn this thing around in 2008.

So that's it. God bless what's left of America . Some of you
    know what I mean. The rest of you, kiss off.

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Well said!

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

This has been floating around the internet lately. It is a good one especially the point that Pelose would be president, god help us.

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

as for the war on terror, He has not done anything different than he said he would do in the winter of 2003. It won great applause then. I think the media pretty much run what America gets to see.

5. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Outstanding speech. It's a shame that the people really needing the wake-up call are too stupid to realize what's going on.

Best,
    Dennis

6. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Trapshooters dont downtalk the President . Jokingly or not !

KelleyPLK@aol.com

7. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

This trapshooter DOES downtalk the "president"...

record number of homeowners? Did you forget that we also now have a record number of foreclosures because giving loans to high risk folks? and that banks are worried and having problems now because of shoddy loans given much too freely?

yes...our unenmployment rate is as low as it ever was during the Clinton administration. Thank you Wal-Mart. The largest portion of new job creation over the last 6 years has been low-wage service jobs.

buying a NY Times is like sending a grenade launcher to a jihadist? OF course, that's nothing like a $2 Billion dollar weapons deal we're sending to our Arab "allies", eh? Saudi Arabia? The home of the Wasabi Radicals? Where aleegedly 15 or 19 of the 9-11 terrorists came from? Remember when we sent weapons to Iraq in the 80s? Remember the weapons & support we gave to bin Laden to fight Russia? Remember the missing weapons we have in Iraq now?

8. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Zara! Shooting has taken my energy for battling rhetoric. :)

9. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

amen flincher!

democrats are showing their true colors...weakness and lack of common direction.

10. doctordennis

doctordennis TS Member

Conservative Constitutional Scholar? Now there's an oxy-moron! Once again FLINCHER your simplistic view amazes me. You and your fellow democrats vote in a "Nation Saving" congress that can't even manage to get a public approval rating as high as the president that you feel should be impeached. You ever ask yourself why the "arm chair" polititions that hide behind the term scholar never seek office? Because there opinions are not supported by facts only speculation and historical comparisons. The only facts come into play after the fact! Take for example that landslide victory the democrats were suppose to have in the last presidential election! All your scholars said that Bush didn't stand a chance. Good thing we republicans stuffed all those ballot boxes!!! Wake up !!!

11. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

amen flincher!

democrats are showing their true colors...weakness and lack of common direction.

12. doctordennis

doctordennis TS Member

Conservative Constitutional Scholar? Now there's an oxy-moron! Once again FLINCHER your simplistic view amazes me. You and your fellow democrats vote in a "Nation Saving" congress that can't even manage to get a public approval rating as high as the president that you feel should be impeached. You ever ask yourself why the "arm chair" polititions that hide behind the term scholar never seek office? Because there opinions are not supported by facts only speculation and historical comparisons. The only facts come into play after the fact! Take for example that landslide victory the democrats were suppose to have in the last presidential election! All your scholars said that Bush didn't stand a chance. Good thing we republicans stuffed all those ballot boxes!!! Wake up !!!

13. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

Just can;t wait for the speech , hope it;s soon.

14. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

With a 14 percent approval rating, impeach CONGRESS. Those liberal pot licker's are in a contest to see which one of them can tell the biggest lie that people will believe.

Mash on the link!!!

15. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

i believe that approval rating is carrying over from the previous term since the last election wasnt even a year away... Hell...this congress has been in office for how long? 7 months?

Im guessing congress' approval rating wasn't exactly sky high when most of them got booted out in the 2006 election.

Or...show me where i'm wrong.

16. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

ok...just checked. Appears congress had a 16% approval rating in Oct 2006.

Not a huge drop considering they've only been there for half a year.

17. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

bush was re-elected because 1) kerry was bad on camera (too smart for the masses) 2) they were pushing the gay marriage issure which brought out church droves which wouldnt have voted otherwise 3) many did not like the idea of changing presidents during war 4) GOP is much smarter and much meaner when it comes to campaigning politics.

18. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I don't possibly see how anyone can deny that what India is saying is correct.

Rev, you're just speculating, as usual. In one of the above posts, you speculate that the congress approval numbers are so low because they are the numbers from the last congress, and it hasn't been a year yet. Then, after research, you state a LOWER approval rating for this congress than the previous one.

Well, if the numbers are different, they must be NEW numbers, correct?

Spin and speculate away!!!!!!

19. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

The last line should read "Now I'm off to mexico to play golf with MI Amigo Vincente Fox, adios!"

20. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Revsublime, I would say Kerry, and for that matter Gore we not elected because they were both incredible liars. Mostly for their own egos too, not like they were protecting themselves like Clinton always did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.