1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Browning model 12 or BPS model ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by buddy123, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddy123

buddy123 Guest

In terms of an upland gun in 20 ga. would one model have any advantages over the other?
    Is anyone aware of any basic quality differences?
    I am anxious to learn whether anyone here has tried both models and which they preferred.
    Thanks .

2. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Never had a Browning model 12, but if they are anything like the Winchesters there is really no comparison. The BPS is a nice gun, it loads and ejects from the bottom, a plus for lefties. But the Winchester model 12 is the king of pump guns.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have a BPS micro and a M1912 Winchester, both 20 gauge. The BPS is by far the better field gun IMO. The M1912 is a really great gun with top drawer workmanship but it doesn't handle as well as the BPS (for me at least)and it isn't as smooth as the BPS. The new M12 by Browning are going to be a bit rougher than the original M12s and they cost at least 2x what the BPS does.

One thing that really makes the BPS my favorite pump is that the safety is located exactly where it should be - on the top. If you are use to an O/U this is a natural location for the safety. This feature and the bottom eject make the BPS truly ambidexterous which is a real plus to a lefty like me.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I shoot a BPS 20ga and find it to be of the finest pump field gun that you'll find. The gun is light weight and easy to point and shoot. As stated earlier, the safety is where it should be. They are chambered for 3" shells and have choke tubes. The BPS can be had with both pistol griped, and straight stocks. The empties are easy to find, since they will be at your feet. All in all, I really like the BPS line from Browning.

ec90t

5. buddy123

buddy123 Guest

Thanks to big dave,wolfram and ec90t for your input .Any others who have experience or opinions here?
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.