1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Brett Farve?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I'm not a Packer fan and I agree Farve should have made a decision and stuck to it But should'nt anyone be allowed to change their minds? You have a QB that threw for 4,000 yards last year and took you to the championship only to lose in ot, You don't want to release him from his contract because you're afraid the Vikings or Bears might get him and they will then beat you twice, So they tell him today that he is not even welcome at the Packers traing camp! It sounds to me like some stubburn management that deserves last place this year. Just my thoughts on the matter.

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Farve created his own situation and therefore should live with it. Green Bay made their plans without the suposed retired Farve now you and others want them to cast those plans aside along with the players involved.

Never fear somebody will cave.

Don

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

yup.........somehow $$ will talk......

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, they are collecting signatures on petitions to let him play.

All the 14 year olds are signing them.

How arrogant can you be? The team took his resignation and went to work on the team for this year. Now he wants to un-quit and be the big hero again.

If all the criticism that B. F. supposedly had about not signing Moss, etc is true (Soports Illustrated) that makes him look even worse.

Why don't he take his millions and start his own team.

I live in Green Bay, and I support the team, but this guy went from hero to zero in 145 days.

And the guys with the Bring Back Farve Website are making money with it, a "portion" is going to go to charity.

*Yeccccchhhhh*

HM

5. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

I'm not trying to sound like a smart alec, but it is not "Farve," it is Favre. Sorry if this ticks some people off, but I think that it should be spelled correctly.

Travis

6. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

I had to reread my message just to make sure it was correct. I know that somebody would jump all over me if any part of it was incorrect. I've been a Green Bay fan all my life, in my opinion, Favre is losing respect by alot of people.

Travis

7. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

I will always be a fan of Favre, but he has did this same thing for the past three years. He should have thought about it before he made the decision. I personally think he should be a TV broadcaster for the games. He has a lot of insite on the game.

Travis

8. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Duck...pssst...it's insight, not insite. Now don't incite a riot! Just giving you a bad time...

9. Juno

Juno TS Member

Nice!

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Favre story for you, and it's true:

BF was up at Chuckie's deer camp in Northern Wis a few years ago drinking with the boyz.

Leaned back in his chair and fell over backwards, striking his noggin on the pot bellied stove. Didn't faze him a bit. He got up, rubbed his head, and went back to chuggin beers.

Chuck said when this happened all he could think of was how many fans would be chasing him when he put Favre out of action.

HM

11. richrob

richrob TS Member

Not that I dont agree with you, but the Bears can beat the Packers without Favre, that said he would look great in Orange and Blue. -Rich

12. Straight99

Straight99 Member

You guys are going to make Brett cry again. He is a drama queen. Let him star in a soap on tv.

13. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Favre knows the NFL rules, he should follow them.

14. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Favre to the Seahawks and old friend Mike Holmgren? Hasselbeck injured in practice Saturday.

If the NFL is staged the 35 guys in my weekly pool would like to have the phone number of whoever is calling the shots.

15. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

It's really very simple, Why does'nt Green Bay Just cut him and Let someone else deal with him if they want? Reminds me of when San Francisco said they did'nt need in my opinion the best QB ever Monana, They allowed him to finish out his career in K.C where he took them to the AFC championship, Green Bay won't do that because there afraid he will come back to hurt them. It sounds great to me turn down a hall of fame QB services and go with an unproven QB. And I'm a VIKINGS fan.

16. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

No matter how you spell his name, he's a pain in the ass!

Booger

17. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Green Bay management can say "well we have moved on and or Aaron Rodgers is our starting QB." I can assure you when Rodgers goes down ( and he will )the team will go 6-10 or worse. The direhard Packer fans will want Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy at the end of a rope! Management needs to let Brett come back and compete for the job...period!

Rick

18. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Who is Brett Favre? I aint never heard of him ... is he some famous trap shooter or possibly I aint never heard of him because he is a skeet shooter and that is why this thread is considered O/T (off topic) because it is not really about trap and its about skeet shooting and that is who Brett Favre is ... he's a trap shooter aint he!

19. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Its all business boys....no matter how long you played for them, or how good they were to you, its still primarily a business to those directly involved.

Of course the Packers don't want him playing elsewhere in the NFL, of course if he comes back and thus represents a tradeable asset they will want something for him and not just release him.

I actually find the Packer org motives understandable....BF's motives...I'm not so sure about.

20. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

It is just Brett Favre being Brett Favre ... nothing more and nothing less than him wanting what he wants and wanting everyone to drop at his feet and give him what he wants.

Stand firm Packers and let Brett have what he wanted, nobody in the organization forced him retire. He announced it and they said ok but now he wants back and he expects them to say ok ... well ... tough luck ya little pissant arrogant buttwipe. He made his choice and now he must live with it. I hope the newbie QB takes them to the big show and brings home the trophy for them while Brett sits at home on the couch stomping his feet because somebody else did what he has never been able to do.

Have ya noticed though Ol'Bretty has gone to the two closest rivals of the Packers instead of some other distant franchise ... kind of a childish game play attempt at making the Packers do what he wants. I hope the Packers keeps him on retirement and then tells him that because of all this he aint allowed in the stadium unless he buys a ticket.