1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

o/t Boy did I get a deal!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I hope that you at leased kissed them on their way out. Lol.

ec90t

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

A true yard sale is when you buy property on which to build a house.

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

Jeeze....OK (perhaps I should have shut my mouth). In my parts (everything seems to be regional for some reason), original 1897's in the condition that you describe are fetching a very fair price...Beretta 390's and A5's are not. They were even doing better when the cowboy cult was all of the rage, but, they are still in very high demand none the less.

Tron

4. recurvyarcher

A true yard sale is when you buy property on which to build a house.

5. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Recurvy, how bout a patio sale, or a garage sale?

6. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Gee Tron, You mean trading a Lefever or Parker in very good condition for a couple of newer production guns is not good deal? Who would have thought?

7. trapshootin hippie

I have several 97's that I have gathered over the years. Anyone wanna trade a K-80 for one? Sounds like a good deal to me.

8. recurvyarcher

I've seen garages for sale from those steel building manufacturers.

As far as patio sales go, I have no use for them. I could have all the free ones that I want from Pheasantmaster, who also can make nice driveways and garage floors.

9. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

JB, you got a good shooter and some trading fodder for $175 and cleanup time. That's a great deal in anyone's book. Enjoy the 390. Sell the A5 here for $176; buy a coffee for the extra buck and don't look back.

Neil

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Shooting Jack, thats all you got??? No boot?????????????????????????? Man you ain't much of a "haggler".LOL You better send whomever it was a Christmas card...

Also since you surely wouldn't want to dissapoint Neil with the advice he gave you on selling the A5 for $175, I'll buy it for that. Where do I send the money??

curvy, thanks for the plug :-}

11. richrob

richrob TS Member

What the hey, I'll go $180

12. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I'll tell you, P-master, when I read that "Best Auto" thread I couldn't believe how many votes the Browning A5 swept up. I've shot quite a few, just a few shots on the practice line, and I thought they were all terrible. I just couldn't see any appeal other than nostalgia and that last usually turns out to be a case of the grass being a lot greener before. Is there anybody here who actually shoots one at ATA trap? Or an 1897? Be honest now . . .

Neil

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Neil, I didn't say that I liked to shoot them. But from a dependability view point, I've seen them with so darn much debris in the receiver that they would hardly close and still cycled. Twice I've witnessed one dropped in water and thus mud be fished out and they still worked. But I'll say again, I don't like shooting them, especially now...

Sidenote, Kent Evans shot his first trap targets with one.

14. trapshootin hippie

97's make good trap guns. Just ask the gentleman that shot one at the Grand this year. I have broken a few trap targets with one myself.

15. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Shooting Jack, what is a B80 barrel for the 390??????? GOOD LUCK

16. phirel

phirel TS Member

DoubleAuto- Yes, there are some uses for shotguns that do not involve shooting trap, but they are clearly secondary. God intended for shotguns to be used for ATA events. All other casual uses are intended to prepare a shooter to enter ATA events. I do have a very open mind on this topic and my mind is closed.

Pat Ireland

17. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Martin, Those old hump-backs are amazing. Years ago duck hunting, I complained to the fellow with me that my model 11 seemed to have an awful lot of kick to it. Being the observant genius that I am, I didn't notice that I was feeding it 3" mags. I don't know how the heck it was ejecting, but it got them out of there. LOL. Great memories of days gone by, some I should forget I guess. Have fun, one cement head to another. Bob

18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You forgotmto take the recoil pad off, the stock was full of GOLD COINS, put there by the original owner for safe keeping.

19. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Double Auto, I believe that Mr. Ireland was just messing with ya. What he meant was that trap is good practice for sporting and that an A5 isn’t much of a gun for either!

Anyway, that’s the way I read it.

(Big Smile)

20. trapshootin hippie

Flincher100, what do ya want for those 97's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.