1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Best Water Filtration Systems?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sgt. Mike, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

We need some advice from the experts on water filtration systems. Our water is rural water system. Our chlorine content is around 4.0 ppm and is sickening. Currently we have an AquaSana Filtration System and their 6 month filters lasted 4 days.

Can someone recommend filtration system for drinking water only? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Michael and Jane

2. dward

dward Member

I got a PUR and it works great. I have terrible tasting city water at my apartment where I work, and it now tastes great. I bought the unit that mounts to the faucet. They claim it will filter 100 gallons before the filter needs changing......but I haven't used it long enough to find out. You turn the valve to only filter the drinking water. We also have a PUR pitcher at my home-home that you fill and put in the fridge that works the same. The water at home didn't taste bad to begin with so I really don't know how well the pitcher works. I bought the faucet mount at SAMS for abut 30 bucks and it came with an extra filter. I think the replacement filters are 20 bucks for four.

I'd give it a shot - Dan

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I had a reverse osmosis system and it produced good drinking water but it also sent 3 gallons of self-cleaning water into the sewer system for every gallon of drinking water it produced. Too wasteful!

Now we have an aeration tank that forces air through the water to remove the chlorine and a Kinetico treatment system to remove the rest of the chlorine and the iron. We're satisfied.

Morgan

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Mike, check out Pentek water filter cartridges designed for Big Blue filter housings. They are designed for whole house, and can be staged. Flow is terrific. You can get activated charcol carbon filters the prefilter 20 microns and final filter down to 1 micron. Good for 100,000 gallons at 20 gal/min. For best results, prefilter with another housing and sediment filter before this one. If you have an iron content problem, they make filters for that also, but they don't last long.

You can also install them, or the smaller units under each sink that provides drinking water. Web site listed above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.