1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T:Best travel insurance, example AAA for trailer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by noknock1, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

What are the experiences of members here regarding travel insurance such as AAA regarding trailers?

Am looking for a policy/membership that will tow not only my primary vehicle, but my trailer as well.

I routinely tow a utility trailer, boat, and RV. So if my God Made Chevy (doubtful) goes down and/or say a tire blows on the trailer and causes enough damage that the trailer itself needs to be put on a flat bed, etc...

What insurance should I buy?

I see AAA has an RV premium, anyone use this? Does this rider apply only to RV's or does it cover any other trailers that I have hooked to my truck as in my utility trailer and boat trailer?

Also with my preliminary research I have read where some states, I.e., turnpikes, etc… specifically in Pennsylvania, that if one breaks down with an RV, then the turnpike authorities only allows AAA affiliated tow services to respond for roadside assistance. Does anyone know if this is true, as in does certain turnpikes/ toll roads only allow certain companies to respond to stranded motorists?

It is called RV insurance, so again I was just wondering if anyone has had an actual experience with having to have their primary vehicle and say boat, RV, etc. towed as well and whether or not it was a good experience worth the money of the premium or in retrospect should the money paid on the premium just been pocketed ????

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Has anyone on here used their triple AAA membership to have a pull vehicle and trailer towed?

3. APrice

APrice Active Member

I have AAA RV Plus and have had occasion to use it several times. I'm sure it depends on your location and the knowledge and abilities of the contracted service,but it will generally take longer for them to get to you with the proper equipment. When my 40ft motorhome broke down they sent out a small rollback, despite my explanation and description of the vehicle. Had to wait another 2 hours for a suitable tow vehicle to be dispatched. I still have the coverage, but with the realization that I won't get as good service as I would with just my automobile or small truck.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Have a talk with your insurance agent. Try other companies as well. You'll be better off if you place them all under one policy. Break-em all. Jeff

5. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

I haven't a trailer for a good while but I think Good Sam's had some thing along that line. Tom

6. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Thanks everyone for the info.

7. d_fixitman

d_fixitman Member

Try Ace Insurance Services. They having a listing in the Ky state program. Google Ace insurance or Diana Crawford insurance.

8. Danby

Danby Member

I joined Good Sam and got insurance through them. Used their road service twice excellent service, you want to watch, some companies don't cover every thing on campers , like wind damage on awnings , etc. do some research

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.