1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Best Rock & Roll Artist

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe kuhn, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I heard "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent the other day and was amazed at the guitar playing in it. Vintage 1976, I believe. Classic rock. Must have been in concert. Went on fore ever.

2. KW post 5

KW post 5 TS Member

Bob Sieger,Pink Floyd,Led Zeppelin,Eagles,Doors,Cream,Yardbirds,Stones,Credence Clearwater Rival,Who,Queen,and many many more the good old days got to loveem

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Too many to name but Rush is at the top of the list.

Jerbear

4. grouper

grouper TS Member

Well, now, being born in 1965, I really got into stuff from the 60's and 70's, The Who is hands down my favorite. But there are many others: Led Zeppelin, The Kinks, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Styx, REO, Journey, Genesis, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Electric Light Orchestra, Bad Company, Bob Seger, The Eagles, Heart, Bachman Turner Overdrive, and on, and on...

The remarkable things is many teenagers these days are into all this classic rock too.

Long live rock!

Grouper

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

How many bands have played in 5 decade's ? The Stones and are there any others? Jeff

6. booman

booman TS Member

My best is Godsmack they rocccckkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Andy Ott

Andy Ott Guest

All right,I'll be the first to date myself{excuse the spelling],Roy Orbison,Bo Diddly and the killer [Jerry Lee].

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Meatloaf singing Paradise By The Dash Board Light. HMB

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I like most of artists on both KWpost5's list and groupers as well. But let us not forget the likes of ZZ Top and Deep Purple, bama, and the best stage show I ever saw was performed by Kiss (Before we knew who they where). I know I'm leaveing out a few as well. Break-em all. Jeff

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

There ARE too many, but I would say Led Zeppelin tops the list.

Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Nirvana, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jimmy Hendrix, The Who, Guess Who, Cinderella, Bon Jovi, Kiss, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Evanescence, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Incubus, John Mellencamp, and Kansas.

I think Chris Daughtry is going to be on this list as his career takes off, too.

11. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

since the Question is about best artist, I would go with Elton John and Eric Clapton. As far as groups, I would add The Eagles and Huey Lewis and the News.

Gene

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am 65 so I go back a ways. I have been a country music fan forever but I have always liked Roy Orbison

13. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Eric Clapton. His stuff is still great. REO Speedwagon and STIX.......great bands. later, Guns and Roses.......Def Leopard........

I am dating myself too........ugh~

Lorna

14. calilori

calilori TS Member

Rush....hands down!!! Although I will admit to loving Styx and Journey...but Rush is still the all time best. Oh and Def Leopard, KISS, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Boston, Peter Framptom, Elton John, ELO.......oh the memories!!!!

15. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Willie Dixon!

[​IMG]

cls

16. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

When the truth is found to be lies- Jefferson Airplane, who else!
    Larry

17. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

It has to be

Gary Brolsma

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3gg5LOd_Zus"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3gg5LOd_Zus" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Gary Brolsma...I LOVE him!!!!!!

19. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I had the pleasure of seeing THE WHO in Edmonton with 20,000 other lucky souls on thier final tour before Kieth Moon died....astonishing!!...and if you saw The Concert for New York, they owned it!!

20. gotbass

gotbass Member

Roy Orbison, Steve Perry, Meat Loaf, ZZTop, REO Speedwagon, Janis Joplin, Buddy Holly, Cream,
    White Snake, Kiss, Queen, AC DC, Allman Bros., Lynrd Skynrd, Deep Purple, Trogs, George Thurgood.
    Well the best, it depends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.