1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T best pay as you go cell phone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi,My daughter has been pestering me for a cell phone but I don't want to get into a full plan,what is the best pay as you go phone?I think she will be using it mostly for texting so free unlimited texting would be preferred.Also,I would like to be able to limit the cost of it by paying ahead for minutes and once those minutes are used the phone stops working until I buy more.It would also be great if the minutes were all used that it still could be used to call 911.Thanks,all.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Take a look at Trac Phone. HMB

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

AFAIK, All cell phones even those disconnected from service can call 911. You might want to check out Consumer Cellular for your daughters phone service.

Eric

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Another vote for consumer cellular.

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Metro cell advertises $9 per month unlimited talk and text, don't know how good they are, but they can't be much worse than the ones out there

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I've used a Trac Phone for several years with no complaints. I don't even know how to text so I don't know if the phone will do that or not, but it works very well for phone calls even though I seldom use it.

Easystreet

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've had Trac Phone for a number of years as an emergency service because I have heart problems. I use it once in a while with trusted friends and some relatives. Otherwise it's private.

8. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

....Radio shack handles the 'pay as you go phones'. My wife has one.

9. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I have Net 10 from tracfone. Its 10 cents per minute. The time rolls over and they will send you a text message to remind you to add airtime. Verizon has a scheme where they can screw you out of 1 or more days when you add airtime to their pay as you go plan. My wife lost over $400. to Verizon's plan. Any Verizon Execs want to call me a liar? Larry Evans

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

$20 a month for 250 anytime minutes from Consumer Cellular and you can change plans any time, no contract either.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.