1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T-- Best fuel injector cleaner.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave Thoele, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Thoele

Dave Thoele TS Member

What's the best, Seafoam, Lucas, etc. It's for a '04 Cadillac. Or, is there some "home brew" that works well. Thanks, Dave

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

if you can find Blaster F.I.C. --fuel injector cleaner. it is greatr stuff. probably available at murrays. checker schucks or napa. you only need 1/2 bottleabout every 5000 miles. great stuff motordoc

3. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Chevron Techron. Many manufacturers don't want you to use the bottle-0-power from Pep Boys, but the Techron is in their fuel and it's actually listed in the Porsche service manuals.

4. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Ford recommends the Techron and I think its OK but BG 44K is also pretty good stuff.

Steve

5. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

Nowadays most major brand of gas already contain an additive like techron or its equivilent. It works good to keep injectors clean. Once injectors get dirty,the safest and most effective way to clean them is to use a product which attaches directly to the fuel rail. You pull the fuel pump relay and the car will run for a minute or so on the contents of the can which is highly concentrated. This high concentration cleans the best and also cleans intake runners,intake valves and combustion chambers. You should not use any product
    other than gasoline in a fuel tank for many reasons. there are many plastic parts in tank like pumps ,sending unit circuit boards and check valves which the cleaners may damage. Also any solvents added to the tank will dissolve deposits in the tank which are not soluble in gasoline and mobilize them to move about the fuel system where they can damaGe fuel pump turbines ,clog filters and ultimatly get to the injectors you are trying to clean in the first place! Manufacturers compile data on warranty and know that dealers who were selling customers in-tank cleaners as regular maintenance items had much higher warranty repair frequency on fuel system components. DITTO FOR DRY GAS

6. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

It is effective....but may harm system components especially if used in higher than recommended concentrations. A lot of technicians are not aware of this. But they do enjoy the extra revenue is produces down the road when they get to sell you a fuel pump or a sending unit.

7. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Techron,,,20 years of using,,,In my own and custemers cars and trucks,,,,,,,only one I will recomend,,,,My self in my truck,,,every other oil change,,,12,000 miles,,,,synthectic oil,,,,custemers ,,,as often as I can get them to buy it

8. 682LINY

682LINY Member

the newer closed end systems are no longer cooled by fuel,,,no return to tank

9. bambambam

bambambam Member

Although I dislike little Dale Outlaw injector cleaner has really worked well in a towne car that I had.David

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

my mechanic says a good rule of thumb is to use a can/bottle of a good injector cleaner after every oil change and put it in when you've got 1/2 a tank of gas left and run it almost empty....it concentrates the cleaner and you get maximum benefit.

11. fordtech

fordtech TS Member

Chevron techron extremely good.Recomended by Ford motor company.This stuff works great.Lucas is also pretty good.

12. marotta

marotta TS Member

Lucas fuel system cleaner in a full tank, once a year, use up the bottle and the whole system is like brand new.

Raffaele

13. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Find someone in your area that has a Motorvac system and have the entire fuel system service done you will be satisfied.

14. Mr. Marcy

Mr. Marcy TS Member

Marval Mystery oil!
    Mr. Marcy

15. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

Ed`s Red!! Just Kidding.

16. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Sorry guys but I think its a waste of money. There's a web site out there that I've read stating these cleaners show no benefit or advantage for use. If you want to support your favorite racing team thats fine. All of my car/trucks/SUV's, different brnads, have never had that stuff added to them. Results: Same fuel ecomony from mile 1 to mile 100,000, same power, same performance. Exxon/Mobil fuel is all I use. I compare this to Wheel Cleaners.
    All these expensive wheel/rim cleaners. If you wash your car/truck on a regular basis all those rims need is car wash soap. Nothing fancy. Dave

17. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

DTrykow has it right.

18. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Techron by Chevron.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

19. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

I got a 100K on my injectors and plugs in my E150 4.6 V8 use shell gas and Lucas gas additive 3oz per tank full when I can remember to put it in it still runs smooth as when I bought it Jon

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I trade, sell and/or buy a new vehicle(s) every 3 yrs, or before...so to me, it's a moot point!

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.