1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Best 3 in 1 printer

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wayneo, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Looking for a new 3 in 1 printer for home use under $200. My daughter has a Kodak, says the ink cartridges are cheap, but the printer is loud and slow.
    Read a couple of good reviews on an Epson. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Wayne

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

This one is a little expensive but I am happier with it than I have ever been with a printer. HP7410 does it all

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Have been using Epsons for about 10 years and have had no issues. Great prints, even with refurb ink cartridges. Presently using a CX-6400.

AndyH

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I've had an HP 2175xi for years and it does a great job and uses cheap ink. It is outdated now but with easy workarounds it still works fine with Vista. I will buy another HP because of how well this one works. I wish Vista worked as well.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a Canon printer and scanner, seems to do whatever I need or want done ... I bought it off of EBay for half of what it would of sold for at the time ... They got some smoking deals on EBay on computer componants and other things as well ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Look at Canon. Great prints, long life, and works great with Office Depot Professional photo paper. I've had 'em all, many, many of them, and Canon is the brand for me!

MIA, I didn't know that about the rebate. Thanks.

Neil

7. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Hard to go wrong with any of the big names...Canon, HP, Epson. I have used my 3/1 HP quite a bit the past 4 years..still working fine...even with my change to Vista. I scan all my work (sales) documents to the companies represent, so no faxes for me as everyone is tired with their poor quality (resolution). I use a online fax service...hey hard to go wrong with $7.99 a month with a dedicated local phone number.

WPT is spot on regarding eBay. Saving of 50-70% off retail is common. Also check Radio Shack for closeouts or refurbished units. There is no reason to spend more than $100. for a 3/1 printer in my opinion. Cartriges: I have a local store where I exchange them for $10.95 black or color...they work fine. With Circuit City going down, you might find a deal there.

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Wayne... I do cashiering at our club using George Cooks 3S program, in addition to a lot of other club chores such as programs, flyers, business letters, etc.. The Canon Pixma, model MP610 is the best printer I have run across. Very econimical to use, and when set in fast draft mode, will print as fast as you could want. I think it runs about 45 pages per minute. Cartridges are cheap, and the printer is very frugal with the ink. There are a host of printers out there, but, this one works perfectly for my needs and it really does get a workout... Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

HP for me too...best PSC I've owned.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Really they are all good now- Epson, HP and Canon

if you try to figure out which is cheaper- you will drive yourself nuts unless you have a known number of copies both photo and other that you will produce

Plus- there are often rebates or other ways to get a printer in combination with some other offer

figure out what dpi you want- and go for it- I have had all 3-- we have Epsons now

dont be afraid to buy the model that has just been replaced by a newer model

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. willing

willing Member

I've had Epson and HP. Both work very well. My problem is finding reasonably priced ink. It wasn't a problem with Epson, but I haven't been able to find a good inexpensive cartridge for the HP.

Bill

12. trapshootingfran

trapshootingfran TS Member

Wayne, I have a Cannon Pixma MP830, it will do everything I need it to do. Fax,copie,scan,print, easy on ink. Have had no trouble with it at all. Bought it on Ebay great deal under $300.00.
    Happy Shopping
    FRAN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.