1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Beretta Model 3032 Tomcat

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MTA Tom, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

I own both. All in all, the KelTec is better: it's flatter, much lighter, and uses a locked breech, resulting in surprisingly low felt recoil.

The Tomcat has better sights, and the popup barrel is a great feature for someone who doesn't have the strength to rack a slide. FWIW, the Tomcat can also be carried cocked and locked.

2. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

The double action trigger on the Tomcat is heavier than the Keltec. A friend bought one for his wife but she couldn't manage the trigger pull, got a Keltec and all is good.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I own bothboth, Beretta is my choice over the other but if you spend another $150 you can get the Seecamp. Much better choice

4. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Can't speak about the Kel-Tec but I like my Tomcat...bought mine the second or third year they made them. Easy to carry and well made. But as mentioned the trigger is lousy.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

5. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

I have owned both. Sold the Beretta and kept the KelTec. I like the way the KelTec fits in pocket better. I think the Beretta is more accurate. Kept the KelTec for comfort. Wasn't do worried about accuracy. I felt if I needed it for self defense, the KelTec was accurate enough. Matt

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The Tomcat is so fat around the middle, that a Smith & Wesson Chief or Bodyguard revolver is not much bigger, and has a lot more power, accuracy and dependability. A better trigger is also a plus.

7. WGB

WGB Member

I have had both. There is no comparing the quality.

The Beretta is well made, a quality product, accurate (for a small pocket gun), will last several lifetimes, easy to operate (for my wife) with the pop-up barrel, has worked first time and everytime with several different brands of ammo (ball, Gold Dot, Cheapo etc.) no malfunctions, a little fat but with a back pocket holster, coat pocket or cargo pants you're good to go. If your life had to depend on it and you did not have something in a larger caliber, this is it.

The kel-tec is cheaper, not as well made, I shot three different ones and they are very short on accuracy, generally function Ok but had several malfunctions, harder to make safe without the tip-up barrel, thinner and easier to conceal than the fatter Beretta. I purchased 3 for friends and family but sold two and gave one to a brother for use when he is out jogging with little concealment available and no place for his Sig. He said it has had a few malfuntions but not bad with ball ammo and easy to hide in a small pocket. I would not put my life in the hands of one except as a last resort.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

*****opinion******
    I think a Beretta (Bobcat) 21 in .22LR would be a better choice than the kel-tec for similar money and size, even if it's a .22. The Tomcat would be a step up from that.

I usually carry the Tomcat, a J-Frame S&W or a Colt Commander depending on weather and/or clothing. At work they make me carry a Glock, but it's OK too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.