1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Benghazi -

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by R.Kipling, Jun 15, 2013.

1. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

sent by a trusted e-mail.....not verified.

The stunning part of this story is that Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty killed 60 of the attacking force. Once the compound was overrun, the attackers were incensed to discover that just two men had inflicted so much death and destruction.

The news has been full of the attacks on our embassies throughout the Muslim world, and in particular, the deaths of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others in Benghazi, Libya.

However, there’s a little known story of incredible bravery, heroics, and courage that should be the top story.

So what actually happened at the U.S. embassy in Libya? We are learning more about this every day. Ambassador Stevens and Foreign Service officer Sean Smith, along with administrative staff, were working out of temporary quarters due to the fact that in the spring of 2011 during the so-called Arab Spring, the United States cut ties with then president Moammar Gadhafi. Our embassy was looted and ransacked, causing it to be unusable. It is still in a state of disrepair.

Security for embassies and their personnel is to be provided by the host nation.. Since Libya has gone through a civil war of sorts in the past 18 months, the current government is very unstable, and therefore, unreliable

A well-organized attack by radical Muslims was planned specifically targeting the temporary U.S. embassy building. The Libyan security force that was in place to protect our people deserted their post, or joined the attacking force. Either way, our people were in a real fix. And it should be noted that Ambassador Stevens had mentioned on more than one occasion to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, that he was quite concerned for his personal safety and the welfare of his people. It is thought that Ambassador Stevens was on a “hit list.”

A short distance from the American compound, two Americans were sleeping. They were in Libya as independent contractors working an assignment totally unrelated to our embassy. They also happened to be former Navy Seal’s.

When they heard the noise coming from the attack on our embassy, as you would expect from highly trained warriors, they ran to the fight. Apparently, they had no weapons, but seeing the Libyan guards dropping their guns in their haste in fleeing the scene, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty snatched up several of these discarded weapons and prepared to defend the American compound.

Not knowing exactly what was taking place, the two Seal’s set up a defensive perimeter. Unfortunately Ambassador Stevens was already gravely injured, and Foreign Service officer, Sean Smith, was dead. However, due to their quick action and suppressive fire, twenty administrative personnel in the embassy were able to escape to safety. Eventually, these two courageous men were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers brought against them, an enemy force numbering between 100 to 200 attackers which came in two waves. But the stunning part of the story is that Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty killed 60 of the attacking force. Once the compound was overrun, the attackers were incensed to discover that just two men had inflicted so much death and destruction.

As it became apparent to these selfless heroes, they were definitely going to lose their lives unless some reinforcements showed up in a hurry. As we know now, that was not to be. I’m fairly certain they knew they were going to die in this gun fight, but not before they took a whole lot of bad guys with them!

Consider these tenets of the Navy SEAL Code:

1) Loyalty to Country, Team and Teammate,

2) Serve with Honor and Integrity On and Off the Battlefield,

3) Ready to Lead, Ready to Follow, Never Quit,

4) Take responsibility for your actions and the actions of your teammates,

5) Excel as Warriors through Discipline and Innovation,

6) Train for War, Fight to Win, Defeat our Nation’s Enemies, and...

7) Earn your Trident every day

Thank you, Tyrone and Glen. To the very last breath, you both lived up to the SEAL Code. You served all of us well. You were courageous in the face of certain death.

And Tyrone, even though you never got to hold your newborn son, he will grow up knowing the character and quality of his father, a man among men who sacrificed himself defending others.

Dr. Charles R. Roots

Senior Pastor

Former Staff Sergeant,

USMC Captain,

U. S.. Navy Chaplain Corps (Ret.)

This should be passed on and on and on.

NO TRUE AMERICAN WOULD OBJECT TO RECEIVING THIS MORE THAN ONCE ... SO PASS IT ON

And Let us never forget the Hillary Clinton Comment

“What Difference does it make? While she and Obama and his press secretary lied and deflected blame.

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I read somewhere that it was only after they ran out of ammo they were overrun.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Barfin, If you read the entire wikipedia doc, you have to wonder where they got their info. Looney tunes as well.

4. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Everything with this administration is rush hurry hurry except the urgently needed help to Benghazi...

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Looney Tunes- what a great way to describe this regime. I'm sure the NSA, SAN, NAS, ANS, ASN, DOJ, FBI, and the DOJ are watching all of this. Hello Diane. Nancy, can I pour you another drink?

6. R.Kipling

Barfin,

With all due regard, Hicks was not "there" in Benghazi, he was in Tripoli. The distance between Benghazi and Tripoli is 630 miles. IN your own citation it opens with the following:

" Gregory Hicks, who was in Benghazi at the time of the September 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate, recounted the events of the day during Capitol Hill testimony Wednesday.

"The day was a “routine day” at the embassy, until an aide ran into his villa in Tripoli as he was watching television, and said, “Greg, Greg, the Consulate is under attack.”

At about 5:50 in Part Three, Hicks recounts the mortar attack. The timing is fuzzy because Hicks states that the Tripoli team left at dawn and got to the annex about 05:45am? 630 miles, via armored vehicles in minutes? His account of the mortar attack is also secondhand - listen closely, I don't believe that he was actually in Benghazi. His Tripoli team was there at some time, but not Hicks. I don't say this to distract, just clarify. All our diplomatic corps personnel have my utmost regard.

The Tactical Response Center Hicks talks about is in Tripoli at his mission. His account of actions on-scene might not be any more firsthand than Dr Root's considering we don't know where Root got his information? Root, being USMC may have rather direct sources? Hicks describes his recollections of frantic Cell phone calls and mass confusion, as all firefights are, in a difficult to follow seesaw dialog.

I did FAC/TAC and listened in on, and participated in many night firefights - they are anything but organized. After-action reports can be wildly different and inaccurate, especially from those in the thick of it. But, from the writer's point of view every word can be gospel.

What happened is tragic and I believe very preventable. If you'd like to question Dr. Root about his account you can reach him here:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?112221-Navy-Seals-in-Libya-Be-Strong-and-Courageous!

Like I said, I have no dog in this fight, except to see that government negligence is not permitted to prosper or continue.

Thanks for your submission.

Kip

7. R.Kipling

Barry,

It wasn't my intention to indicate that Root or the Leatherneck board had any official standing, just a place where you might care to contact him for whatever verification you desired. Your original post came off a bit sharp, considering the way Root wrote his piece. In his writing he makes the statements such as "as we learn the details' and what comes to light, etc.

My second point was the Mr. Root, as a retired senior officer might have an inside track to some knowledge or information that we typically don't. As you know, our embassies are staffed by Marines, and risking another speculation I'd say that a person of Mr. Root's stature and accomplishments would be rather circumspect about his writing.

It didn't take me long to find Mr. Root, he is real and he is contactable here:
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/charles-roots/1a/734/180 He has a number of Web listings, to support his credentials.

As I read Root, I'd say his article was more one of commendation than a response to an official inquiry. Naming names wasn't the issue, as it would have been for Hicks. Just the timeline between Root's comments and Hick testimony offers a glimpse of Root's intent. I'll reserve my speculation of Col. Root, giving him the benefit of his service.

I only spent 12 years in active duty and left the Corps a Major from the AirWing. I still maintain contact with a number of my squadron mates, which is the origin of the e-mail, and get the skuttle-butt on a regular basis from several of them. We all have spent a decade or more in after-service-support associations interacting with active-duty personnel. It's amazing how much, and how accurate retirees can be in acquiring their information.

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=117838

http://sofrep.com/11764/new-details-emerge-on-benghazi-attack/

Glad to have met your acquaintance, and Semper Fi.

Kip

8. rpeerless

http://www.exposeobama.com/2013/08/24/video-mastermind-behind-benghazi-attack-trained-in-the-u-s/

Why. Or Why?

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

According to the wounded guy who was interviewed by FOX, they were killed in the second mortar attack. They were "missed" on the first round and adjustments were made and that was the end of it. Around the 7th hour of the attack.

I personally think waterboarding is needed on some HIGH ranking and THOSE who are no longer in their former positions!

That is about the only SURE way of getting the TRUTH!

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

The Sad part is there is no way to get the truth out of our current administration!!! But the Saddest part of all is, most of the current voters don't care!!! May we few keep Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty names and actions alive!!! May they both RIP!!! break em all. Jeff

11. rpeerless

http://www.exposeobama.com/2013/10/04/video-the-case-for-impeaching-barack-hussein-obama/

Does this video answer some unanswered questions about Benghazi?

12. rpeerless

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/15/benghazi-attackers-reportedly-knew-location-ambassador-safe-room/

Today's update for busy trapshooters.

13. 3357

3357 Member

Chapaquitic = Ted Kennedy

Benghazi = Hillary Clinton

Never Forget.

14. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

That reminds me of the bumper sticker that said-'I'd rather hunt with Cheney than drive with Kennedy'.