1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Automotive A/C question.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

On an automobile is the high pressure line the larger diameter or smaller diameter? Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Little one, the one that gets hot.

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

The high is the smaller line. But do not get the fuel line confused with the Ac lines as it too is small. It usually has a green cap on it.

If adding freon you will use the larger suction line. Unless you are using a professional machine that puts it in through the high side without the engine running.

If you are using 134A the ports are different sizes.

Also, on some late model both ports are on the same line. The ports will be a different size.Ray

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My AC on my 97 wrangler works sometime seemingly when it is the coolest outside. It set up for 1 1/2 years so I think the seals got dry and leaked some freon out. I took a wire and jumped the pressure switch connector and the compressor came right on so I am assuming that it is low of freon. Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.