1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O.T. Auto GPS??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 007, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 007

007 Member

I am thinking about getting a GPS for my car and I really dont know to much about them. I dont want to spend a ton of money for one, it will be used for an occasional vacation trip only. Any suggestions??

2. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Next time you buy a car get a GM model with On Star. It works well. Glenn

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I have the high-end Magellen. Martin has the Tom-Tom. The latter is much cheaper, and gets us there. The graphics are good on both.

The map updates for the Magellen cost a lot of money, while the ones for the Tom Tom are free.

Tom Tom is a better value, IMO.

4. Sargon

Sargon TS Member

Take a look at a Garmin Nuvi 350. I just bought a Nuvi 660, it is amazing but pricey. Map updates for Garmin are $75 however I called them and told them I just bought a new unit and they will sell me the updates for half price as soon as they are released. Garmin customer service is second to none.

Radio Shack has a Magellen 3100 on sale for $200.

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Be aware that Garmin is constantly bringing out new models, and not making map updates available for the discontinued models. I bought a StreetPilot i5 less than two years ago. They had one $75 map update a year ago - and even that one is no longer available.
    I'm relying more and more on the VZ Navigator I get through my Verizon Wireless cell phone for $10 a month.

6. esetter

esetter Active Member

I have a Garmin C340 and I love it. Make sure the one you buy has voice which gives you the street name. Some models just say turn right and in town that is hard when there are lots of streets close together. I found the 340 at Buydig.com for $287.49 with free shipping. Best price out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.