1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Are you concerned about future health care?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Watch this video for a real eye opener. Yes, I am real concerned as a retired veteran but really don't know what to do. I have emailed my representatives here in Georgia but don't know what else I can do. Jackie B.

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I too can't beleiev what the Libs are trying to do. I have sent letters to my Congersman and Reprensitives and told them I strongly disagree with their plan. BILL Nelson replied it was a complicated system and no to worry. I wrote him back and told him if it is not good enough for the Congress to be under then it was not good enough for the rest of us. I have not yet gotten a reply. In the next election I will not vote for any of the dumb asses currently in office. It is time for a change OK, change of faces in DC Jake

3. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Watch the computerization of your medical records. This, at the vary least is a privacy issue; at the worse, the government will use your records to deny you medical care, maybe perhaps if you're a thorn in the government's side, you will suffer through denial of benefits. I don't trust the government with my medical records, do you? These people in power now are vindictive and I certainly don't trust them with my wife, my guns or my health records. BT-100dc

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

G.E. is looking for the contract to handle all the health records. Ex Senator Tom Dahsul from S.Dakota has been hired to run the project for G.E. Ceo is a big Obama supporter.

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

You betch ya!!

I've been battling a state health care system(WA state Labor and Industries)for over 10 year, you think for one minute the Fed's are capable of doing better!!!!!!

I've had surgery denied, needed surgery done after a 2 year battle, claim managers questioning my Doctor opinion, etc,etc!!!!

Keep the Fed's away for any health care, they WILL only screw it up worse!

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

This record scam was started by the clintons when they had power the first time under the "front" of HIPPA,,,,the government is no longer a friend on your side.

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

The dirty secret is, a whole lot of corporations WANT this.

Insurance companies, for example, are losing membership in employer plans as jobs go away. They'd love a Massachusetts-style law forcing everybody to purchase insurance...then let the politicians figure out how to pay for it.

For their part, I bet a lot of employers would love to be able to dump their employees onto a "public plan."

And as someone mentioned above, there are companies like GE who feel they have something substantial to gain from whatever deal gets worked out...mostly IT vendors (in fact, my brother-in-law told me his company is making a killing off the stimulus money and the anticipated updating of medical records systems...they sell applications for this kind of thing, and it's a BIG, I mean BIG industry).

You can bet something large is going to happen, if we don't write letters and emails like crazy. Probably happen anyway. There are too many corporate interests up there jockeying for position, looking to divvy up our futures. If you think profit-seeking corporations own your ass right now, just wait until all the sausage-making gets completed on this boondoggle.

- And if you're an older white male...I don't have to tell you your position in the Government health care pecking order! There are all kinds of medical studies from places like Johns Hopkins, telling about how, for example, Black Americans have worse outcomes for certain diseases, treatments are not applied equally, etc. If you think this type of statistical findings won't be used for adding quotas to how health care is rationed out, well...you're more optimistic than me.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

To be really cynical, I also think 8~10% of the American workforce will quit their jobs pronto, as soon as their healthcare is covered by the government. That's just a number I pulled out of my azz, from talking to people who have said so. These are people who range from 57~62 year old managers (just working until they're eligible for Medicare), down to single moms who are making far less and keeping up insurance for their kids is the only reason they are working.

Although it's bad that people lose their health ins. if they lose their job, one silver lining in this situation is that it gives Americans an incentive to HAVE a job, and keep working and being productive. I think we may all be surprised to see how many people are willing to get into the wagon and wait to be pulled, once government health care passes.

And I predict it won't all be older workers, either. There are a lot of people in this country, more than you imagine, who are willing to live at a basic sort of subsistence level, once the major necessities are taken care of by gov't.

If you're working, that load you're pulling is about to get heavier, I think.

9. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Jake,
    I also emailed Bill Nelson probably got the same response. I emailed him back to ask him to explain why less than 2% of the Congress and Senate send they're kids to public schools of which we have no choice to send our kids to. I then asked him if he and his family were going to forgo there golden health care plan to utilize ours, I finished my email asking that he explain his retirement program to me.........Are you ready for this I haven't heard back as of yet!!

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Maybe we can get this countrywide for all?

Oregon health plan covers assisted suicide, not drugs, for cancer patient

Eugene, Ore., Jun 6, 2008 / 01:09 am (CNA).- An Oregon woman suffering from lung cancer was notified by the state-run Oregon Health Plan that their policy would not cover her life-extending cancer drug, telling her the health plan would cover doctor-assisted suicide instead.

Barbara Wagener discovered her lung cancer had recurred last month, the Register-Guard said. Her oncologist prescribed a drug called Tarceva, which could slow the cancer growth and extend her life.

The Oregon Health Plan notified Wagner that it would not cover the drug, but it would cover palliative care, which it said included assisted suicide.

“Treatment of advanced cancer that is meant to prolong life, or change the course of this disease, is not a covered benefit of the Oregon Health Plan,” said the letter Wagner received from LIPA, the Eugene company that administers the Oregon Health Plan in Lane County.

“I think it’s messed up,” Wagner said. She said she was particularly upset because the letter said doctor-assisted suicide would be covered.

“To say to someone, we’ll pay for you to die, but not pay for you to live, it’s cruel,” she said. “I get angry. Who do they think they are?”

A doctor appealed to Genentech, the company that markets Tarceva in the U.S., to cover Wagner’s medication. On Monday Wagner was told the company would cover the drug treatment for a year, after which she could re-apply for the drug.

“I am just so thrilled,” Wagner said. “I am so relieved and so happy.”

According to the Register-Guard, Oregon oncologists say they have seen a change in state health policy, saying their Oregon Health Plan patients with advanced cancer are no longer covered for chemotherapy if it is considered comfort care.

“It doesn’t adhere to the standards of care set out in the oncology community,” said Dr. John Caton, an oncologist at Willamette Valley Cancer Center. He said many studies have found that chemotherapy in a palliative setting decreases pain and time spent in the hospital and increases quality of life.

Officials of LIPA and the state Health Services Commission, which sets policy for the Oregon Health Plan, say they have not changed their coverage of recurrent cancer patients, but have only clarified the rules."

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I can't believe that Genentech did that,,,,that BIG BAD HEARTLESS pharmacutical company!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.