1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T--ARAB FATHER-SON TALK

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Gold Medal, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

A young arab boy asks his father "What is that weird head-wrap you are wearing?
    The father said "It is called a chechia. It protects our heads from the hot desert sun.

"And what is that robe you are wearing?" asked the boy.
    "It is called a djbellah. It also protects our body from the hot desert sun" replied the father.

"And what about those funny-looking shoes on your feet"
    His father replied "Those are babouches which keep us from burning our feet on the hot desert sand."

"So tell me then" added the boy.

"Yes my son?"

"Why are you living in Dearborn Michigan and still wearing all that crap?"

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I live in the Detroit, Dearborn, Michigan. This is not only funny, It is a BRUTALLY TRUTHFUL question. BTW it's not only Dearborn, it has grown to include Hamtramck, MI also. In case anyone wants to know, Hamtramck lies within the city limits of Detroit, and up until about 10 years ago, used to be predominately Polish.

Chuck

3. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

In deference to the people of Dearborn, this geographical location was mentioned because the joke was told to me in this manner. Dearborn normally has cold winters, hence the hot/cold comparison.

You could almost use any larger city as an example. New York city for sure.

There is a mosque 4 miles north of where I live in the midwest. A local new airport,recently built, has foot-washers for Muslims.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

djbellah

what is a djbellah