1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Anyone use Keurig coffee makers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I only drink a couple of cups of coffee in the mornings so brewing from a 10 cup machine is getting old. Anyone use the Keurig or similar machines? I do like a stronger brew coffee so can you adjust the brew strenght? Pro's, Con's?
    Thanks for you input.

Bill

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

why can't you just brew 2 mugs worth from your 10 cup maker??

3. holdumpleas66

holdumpleas66 TS Member

Got one at deer cabin works great came in this morning frozen and needed cup,had 1 in about 30 seconds Robert

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Once you get a Keurig, you'll be spoiled and never use a conventional coffee maker again. They are simply more convenient, quick, and you can pick from a wide range of coffees and drinks. And, the coffee taste like restuarant brewed coffee.

5. gspointer

gspointer TS Member

I have a keurig. You can select extra bold coffee if u like it strong. Mine only makes 8oz. which isn't quite enough for me so ill brew twice and pour into a bigger cup. I got mine on sale in a bulk bin at sears, I don't remember what I paid but my wife saw it and said it was half the price she seen at another store for the same maker.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have a pod coffee maker. It makes nice strong coffee. In fact if you re-use the pod it makes onother cup of just about normal coffee like my wife likes.

Nothing to clean, just toss the pod and rinse the holder. The one I have is Juan Valdez, there are many out there.

Got mine at the Salvation Army store brand new when Target sent their end of years stock over. 7 bucks, Woo Hoo.

HM

7. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Got one for Christmas and it's the cats meow. Fresh coffee any time you need it. It's not adjustable for strength, But you have a large variety of coffees to choose from.

Jim

8. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

i like my coffee brewed in a old coffee can like when i lived under that bridge
    put the grinds in 1 of my socks & hang it in the water till it boils.

YUMMMMMIE

9. RAScott

RAScott Member

I have one, they are great. If you like it stronger? You can get a filter pod it is about 12-15 bucks put in your own coffee, and you got what ever you like for allot less money than the k cups at the store.

K cups run about .50 a piece this is a much cheaper alternative , leaves more money for targets and shell.

Bob S

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

My wife uses ours every day (going on two years). Ready in about 50 seconds, no clean up, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Walk up, push the button, wait 1, lift the lid, put the "K-Cup" in, lower the lid, set your cup on, push another button, 15 seconds later you've got your coffee. Buy your coffee at Kohl's when they're passing out the 30% coupons and enjoy yourself. They've come up with a winner. Good luck.

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I have one---forget the filter---you have to clean it every time and its a pain.Can't find a strong enough blend for D-Caf---Its a keeper but I can do the same thing with my old Mr Coffee---Wish they had a blend of Dunken Doughnuts or Wa-Wa---My wife loves it but I'm stuck with my old way---Its hard to change a fella---My old way cost .05 cents a cup---This one is .50 cents a cup---Between my wife and I we drink 6 cups of coffee every morn.Thats $3.00 for coffee---You decide---SJB---

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

SJB...Have you tried the Green Mountain Half-Calf?

13. michshooter

michshooter TS Member

I received the Cuisinart model for Christmas, and my wife and I like it very much. I only drink a couple of cups a day and my wife drinks tea and an occasional cup of flavored decaff coffee. I use my own 8 O’clock coffee with the filter, and brew an 8 oz mug. This way I can get the strength and coffee type I like. The rinse mode is a great way to heat the cup before making coffee. It is fast and very convenient, making excellent coffee. That said, I wouldn’t recommend it for someone who drinks a large amount of coffee, such as an 8 cup pot of coffee in the morning.

....Paul

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I guess I can try Half-Caf but the caffeine sets me off for rest of the day---
    Can't beat Dunken Doughnuts d-caf or Wa-Wa--for me---Thanks---SJB---

15. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I'm not a coffee afficianado so a 15yo Mr. Coffee is my choice. Make a pot, put it in the fridge and it lasts for 4 days. I nuke a cup in the morning and it's good to go. An $8 34oz can of coffee lasts about 3 months.

Eric

16. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

the keurig coffee makers are great, another great thing is the option to add your own grounds in the my k-cup. we got ours for christmas and i wish we would have gotten it sooner

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Wait a minute, did mixer just say he drinks 4 day-old coffee? LOL.

-Gary

18. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

GW22,

Yes I did. I'm a one cup a day coffee drinker and it all tastes the same to me.

Eric

19. wproct

wproct Member

We received one as a Christmas gift. My wife and I like to change brands of coffee from cup to cup which is fun. We also do not like strong coffee, so we place a small pitcher under the machine, make a large cup, throw away the coffee pod and run another large cup of just hot water from the Keurig into the pitcher, and then we have two cups of "not so strong" coffee and it cuts the cost of the coffee in half! It definitely is more expensive than using a traditional coffee maker, but we love the Keurig!

20. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

SJB, try Timothys caffiene free. I drink that in the evening so i'm not up all night. I use a lot of donut shop coffee during the day. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.