1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Anyone own a Barnes Reloading Manual?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GoldEx, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I need some data for one of their 300 Grain Originals in .458 diameter. I have a load that I have worked up with Remington 300 Gr. HP's but they grenade on impact inside of 50 yards at the velocity I am launching them at. They work great in my Contender at moderate velocity up to 1800 or so. The bullet I am looking at in particular is the Barnes Original 300 Gr Spitzer Soft Point. I am shooting them out of a Ruger #1S which will hold up to anything I want to put down the tube. Looking for data in the 2200-2400 FPS range for this bullet if they list it.

Jeff

2. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

What cartridge is your Ruger #1S chambered for? Some .458 bullets are designed for .45-70 velocities. The Barnes Manual No. 3 does not list loadings for their Original 300gr Spitzer Soft Point. Why not call Barnes for the info?

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Oops! My bad. The info is for a Ruger #1S in 45-70.

Jeff

4. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jeff,
    E-mail me at CVNChichay@aol.com. I may be able to provide some info, but as I said earlier, calling Barnes is your best option.
    Cesar

5. Nyttro

Nyttro TS Member

Just call them direct, get the info and buy the new manual. Be safe,

Nyttro

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Thanks for the data Cesar. It was just what I was looking for. I was looking for a load that will drive that 300 grain Barnes spitzer through a deer from rooter to tooter if necessary. The 300 grain Sierra's and factory Remington's just won't hold up to the abuse on a 30 yard shot or penetrate completely without coming apart after hitting a bone on a sharp quartering away shot.

Jeff

7. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I think I just need to buy the new Volume 4 manual when it hits te stores. I really like their bullets.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cvnchichay