1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T - Anyone here have a Suunto watch ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GBatch_25, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

At our club last week, I noticed a friend had a new watch on - a Suunto Core. It tells time, temperature and a whole bunch of other stuff. Made in Finland and designed for rugged use.

sseitz007_2008_010419.jpg

Wondering if anyone here has one and am interested in opinions etc. If you'd rather PM me, that's OK.

Thanks in advance.

Gene in Illinois

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I've had an X-Lander for years. I don't use half the features, but I like it. Rugged for sure.

3. ALFkam

ALFkam TS Member

I have owned a Suunto Vector since 2002 since I bought to temporarily fill in for my Vietnam era Rolex GMT Master sent to New York for maintenance. It's great for hunting when you have calibrated the compass and altitude for the particular area. Barometer great for weather forecast. Just change the battery every year. Calendar pre-programmed to 2089. Replaced wrist band in 2007.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Very cool instrument. Received one as a prize of a sailboat race couple years ago, it has more features than I can utilize. I stop wearing it after too many people asked me what the watch can do. It's embarrassing.

5. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

I have one and like it. It goes thru batteries quickly if you use functions it has to offer. No big deal to change them. Standard calculator battery at most stores. I get about 6 months life before needed to install new one.

6. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

That is awesome! I'm going to heck those out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.