1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Anyone have a Son/Daughter in the Gulf?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hauxfan, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

This is my son, facing the camera in the picture. He has been in Iraq for a year now. He is with the Minnesota Guard that had their tour of duty extended by 4 months over there.

[​IMG]

Gov. Tim Pawlenty promoted First Lt. Matthew Majeski of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to captain on Wednesday in Iraq. Majeski is a member of the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 34th Infantry Division. Also at the ceremony are Lt. Gen. H. Steven Blum, chief of the National Guard Bureau and Capt. Brad Mikkelsen of Savage, Minn., also of the 1/34 BCT, is in the center.

God bless all of our men serving. Be it overseas or over here.

They deserve our support.

Hauxfan!

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

My son is in Anabar province right now. He does recon/sniper with the stryker guys.

Jim

3. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

God bless them all indeed...

You should all be very proud. ALL citizens of the USA owe them a great debt of gratitude. As is the case with all who have served to defend this country throughout its history.

Thanks for the post, and thank your sons and daughters for me. cls

4. BustClays

BustClays Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

My son Jon, 1st Lt. he was just put in for a Bronze Star, running convoys from Kuwait to all points north. 222 Trans Co, AZ Army Nat'l Guard assigned to the 57th Trans Bat. Scheduled to have 5 months left on his second tour. We just had him home for a week, we love him very much.

Bustclays

5. Northsider

Northsider TS Member

My son returned from Iraq in August. He spent a year there as a 50 cal operator and truck commander in an up-armoured humvee. They provided convoy security all over the country. Three gun trucks and 30 tractor trailer rigs in a convoy sometimes on missions that lasted 2-3 weeks. .He has some interesting stories. He Received his Combat Action Badge after 2 weeks in country. Now he is back in college and will graduate with a degree in criminal justice.
    God Bless our service men and women.

6. BAMA

BAMA TS Member

3 of my 4 sons have made tours in Iraq, 2 of them made double tours. All are back home right now waiting for the next rotation.

Bama

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.