1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T anyone familiar with Nokia CS 15 air card?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I was told about this card that you can remove the cim card from you cellphone and install it in this card and plug it into your computer for internet usage. It works like a virgin mobile broadband card but doesn't cost anything to use unless you exceed your minutes for your cell phone. They are common in Europe but haven't seen one here in USA until now. I went online to try to purchase one but all are listed in England or Germany. Anyone know of a major store, like best buy, that carries them. Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

2. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Problem is the ones in europe use different frequencies than are used here in the states...those air cards will not work here...I work for a cell company, and have not heard of this particular model being available in the states..lb

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My daughters business partner uses one down in Panama City and it works well. He has a program set up to answer the phone on the computer or dial out. I think its kinda like Skype. It would be nice to not have to pay separately for an air card. Virgin Mobile broadband works ok but the card is an extra $100.00 plus your air time card. If not doing a lot of downloads you can get away with $20.00 a month which is pretty good. I may have gotten the number wrong on the Nokia air card but I know it was CS something and thought it said 15. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.