1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T: Anyone buy the "EmeryCat" as seen on TV?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tron, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Have any of you purchased this product that supposedly helps keep Cats nails trimmed? Kitty is tearing the $hit out of my furnature and I was wondering if this would be money well spent?? See link above.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

So - the old lady is pushing the de-clawing option, eh?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Tron I've tried those and similar products as well as strategically placed scratching posts, toys etc and what it comes down to is what the cat wants to do. If they decide they like the emery cat it will work to keep the needle points off of their nails but they will still be sharp enough to hook furniture if the cats have very curved nails. If they decide that it is not what they are interested in clawing then it will do no good. I have thrown away many things that were supposedly guarantied to work with cats even the ones with catnip in them when mine decided that it wasn't what they wanted.

--- Chip King ---

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Ya Tron,

That and the potty green will solve all your animal chores so you won't have to get out of your snuggie!

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/ecshooter/?action=view┬Ąt=image002.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

ss

5. Tron

That's really weird Buzz....it's like you live in the spare bedroom in my house or something. What else you been overhearing?? I really didn't do anything on that trip to Florida a couple of weeks ago, so don't you get started on me about that because I'm sick of hearing about it. Yeah, yeah...I never listen, right??

6. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

a 22 is money back guarnteed to stop clawing..

7. Tron

Birddog, you are a Troll.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Tron,

Her sister comes traipsing over (as usual) while you were in Florida and suggested the declaw thing "happen" to the cat while you were gone. Fortunately your wife didn't have the guts to act on it though. Sis's also got another yeast infection and wondered if it could be from messing around with her husband after he drinks beer. You wife told her no, the beer actually kills germs and she should just microwave her undies.

(Thought you should know)

9. Tron

Really Buzz? You don't say. Ummm...errr, there wasn't any talk about Breakfree CLP was there? I mean, I wouldn't dream of doing anything weird that involved Breakfree CLP you know. I was just wondering, not that it matters or anything.

10. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Try a spray bottle with water in it Tron. They don't like to get sprayed in the face and they learn pretty quick.

11. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

Dear Literalist, THAT made me laugh!! Sorry Tron & Buzz, but that was hilarious!!

12. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I'm LOL because my wifey bought those things for our 3 cats. Two of them like the toy and catnip that comes with it and that's about it. The 3rd cat actually uses it but I haven't noticed that her claws are any duller. If fact I think they honed her claws to a level of sharpness that I never thought possible.

All three do enjoy the boxes that they came in.

Please don't declaw you cat.

Jerry,

Oh yeah, ignore the Literalist as most of us do :)

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Oh for cripes sake. The cat is there for your benefit, not vice versa.

If its an indoor cat, have the fronts declawed.

Not worth the argument if the damn cat is damaging expensive furniture.

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

We don't have a cat but my shorthaired pointer just loves the commercials. He must think the actor cats are stuck to the emery pad, he gets all excited and starts jumping around ...

15. setter

setter Member

Tron,

I bought a half dozen of these, my dogs love'em.

Jim

16. Tron

Tim99, Skeet2, Ikey and setter, you guys are Trolls.

17. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Nail Caps! Let them rip BIGGER holes in your stuff!

[​IMG]

For you guys, they may also come in "pink"! :) They cost more than a 22 and require maintenance.

Seriously, there used to be an alternative surgery that was performed by my Vet, rather than declawing. It involved cutting the tendon that extends the claws. The claws remain intact and they just do less damage, since the claws cannot be extended as easily. It didn't require the major surgery that declawing did. I don't know if it worked well or not, but it looked like a more humane alternative.

18. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Hey Lit,

If the cat starts to awaken before I'm finished, do I repete step one?

ss

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

I used to think The Literalist hated cats...until I found out what he does to Gerbils.

(Hint: the MN Dawg Squad don't call him "Habitrail Harry" for nothing).

20. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Tron, a similar product to the one attached along with a simple version of what you are looking at available at Wal Mart etc. along with vigilance with a spray bottle should work. Failing those things, I've got a great Longshot recipe I'll share.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.