Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

O/T Any Warthog knife sharpener dealers here?

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  bill1949 
#1 ·
Anyone here sell Warthog sharpeners ? I need new Stones. Thanks, Jeff

#5 ·
Bo, I bought mine for $80 two years ago. I have replaced the stones four times at $40 a crack since and need new ones now. The thing works great and a bunch of freinds help me wear them out. I can sharpen anything the old fashioned way , but its so coneinent to use the Warthog. All my freinds now have one. For $140 you must have got something extra. Jeff

#6 ·
Jeff, I got the kitchen set with marble base.

I called the guy and asked some questions.
This is what he said that would work for me.
#ell of a salesman.
Comes with 325 grit and steels.
He said I didn't need 600 or 1000 grit.
The cheapest was $87.00 that you c clamp down.
This price was also shipping. Be glad to get it and try out.
I commericial fish with nets.I have tried several sharpener's with very little success.

Bo

#7 ·
just found this forum discussing the Warthog V-Sharp. we are the North American Distributor and would like to clarify a couple of things.

bigbore613- FYI, you have a 3 year warranty on all parts (including the Diamond Rods) just send them back and we will send you a new set-no need to keep buying them. it used to be 2-years, but we just changed it last year, since we received so few rods back. even still we only replace 10-15 sets of rods per year. not bad considering 20,000-30,000 units sold per year.

bocephas - is correct, i am a #ell of a salesman. believe it or not i try not to sell the 600 grit or 1000 grit unless you are a taxidermist or leather worker. the finer edge actually dulls faster and requires more maintanence, whereas the 325 grit puts a real rough feathered edge which last longer due to the longer feathers on the edge. our goal is to keep this thing as simple as possible (and switching the rods in and out is not simple). if you need that smooth edge on your blade, get the Drop-In Steels ($8.00) and it will burnish that rough feathered edge to where you can shave the hair on your arm.

as far as price is concerned we have been at $89.50 for the past 2 years, prior to that we were at $87.50 for the 2 years prior to that. and prior to that we were at $85.00. over the past 5 years we have only raised our price $4.50. wish the gas companies were doing the same.

if anyone has any other questions or comments, i would encourage your phone call 877-719-0123.

#8 ·
Wow after all this time , at least I know not to delete all my old posts. I will call you. It is funny the Dealer did not tell me of the waranty. I sharpen alot of knives for myself as well as friends. By far the easiest and consistant as well as safe unit ever , and I have them all. Jeff

#9 ·
Hi,

I came across your queries about the Warthog V-Sharp Knife sharpener on my random searches, and I can tell you thay I am the UK distributor for these wonderful knife sharpeners.

You already seem to know how good they are, so I won't go on about them!

We are a husband and wife team, I ship worldwide, and stock spares and things.

Contact me if you have any specific requests or queries.

Regards, John.

the1foru.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.