1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Any Ipod Masters out here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by MGeslock, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

This has happened on 2 different i pods, a 2 gig and a 80 gig.

The song will start fine, then about 1/3 of the way into it, it will move to the next song. I aways does it on the same song and in the same spot. I can "fast forward" past the skip and the rest of the song will play fine.

Song plays fine on ITunes on the PC. I have deleted the song on the PC. Synced the ipod. Reburned the song and resynced.

Same issue. I did this to both ipods.

The problem is on different songs.

Yes... I do own the songs and they are not "borrowed."

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Bump the side of the jukebox, maybe the record is stuck.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Gne J

3. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

When you re "burned" (it's really downloading them unless you're putting them on a CD) them did you DL them from the same file? If so, there might be something wrong with the file, if you try another one, it probably won't happen. Try getting some songs off of Limewire.com and putting them on Itunes (I need to do this to get them on my Ipod). You'll get it eventually, it took me a while to get used to this new thing, too.

4. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

I guess the correct term is "ripped" from a CD to my hard drive and then copied them to my Ipod.

I have 118.7 Gigs of music, that is 30,114 songs.
    Hit play and in exactly 119.2 days later you can hear the same song.

5. kie95

kie95 Member

Check in your Itunes on the computer, the song can be cropped down to whatever time you want (start at :25 and end @2:25) and they will do this from time to time when you download them from Itunes. I think you have to click on the song and look through the options for it.

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

FYI -
    'Burning' means creating a CD (or DVD) with the music on it (a laser burns the data onto the disks).
    'Ripping' means reverse copying music OFF of an iPod (or MP3 player) back onto the computer.

Sounds like you have corrupted files. Not sure if the issue is in the music source (i.e., the original disk has a "bad" track on it), or if it is a problem in iTunes or your computer.

I would try a new/different source for the same songs and see if that changes the problem.

You do not say what computer/HD/memory/OS you are running - this info might point to a different solution.

David D

7. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

HIPPIE now that was funny.......... I had to get up off the floor on that one !!

8. cls

cls Member

"Ripping" means copying a music (or video) track from a CD (or DVD) manufactured by the company authorized to do so, to your computer or other electronic device. I'm not sure but I have a hunch it's short for "Ripping off", because that's often the case.

I have a huge CD collection, I purchased everyone of them. So I figure I'm within my rights to rip any song I want to my iPod, I'm stealing nothing. I've had several songs do just what you've described. I just assumed that it was related to some copy protection on the CD. Some songs I've ripped will have an annoying noise on it when played on my iPod, this I'm sure is a copy protection. Some will jump to the next song when a certain point is reached. If you find a way to correct it I'd be interested to know how. cls

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

I don't know the the answer to your question but the forum above should.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.