1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T "Ankle Fusion with Tibial Bone Graft".

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Release Trigger, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

O/T

Anybody out there ever had this type surgery of done and if so how has it worked out ?

I am hopefully having my cast removed today after 7 weeks and am not sure of the repercussions or success rate of this type of surgery, I am hopeful of being able to walk well enough to shoot a round of Trap on Sunday the 23rd of November, my first shot for over 10 weeks.

Other than "White Ants" (arthritis) eating away at my joints I keep otherwise good health,the law of averages state that at 58 something or other is supposed to start to drop off or break down, ain't gettin old a bitch ?

Yours in sport.

Release Trigger.............."Downunder"

2. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

O/T

I had my fused twice- the first one did not work
    I have several things that are worth sharing
    Are you in the US or Australia?

3. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

O/T

Phil,

Thanks for the reply, yes I am over the big pond but the world is a small place these days, would appreciate any advice.

Actually have had the cast off today and will gradually learn to walk again over the next 6 weeks, according to Doc have to do it slowly in three different stages over 3 two week periods.

Did you have bone graft with your fusion ? Doc said fusion alone would not have worked as well by itself.

I have had both knees replaced twice each, left shoulder total replacement and now the left ankle, ankle has been the worst slowest of them all.

I have seen you shoot at the Grand and have your Video's, I know you have had your share of medical problems as well but it makes it all worth while when you bust a good score.

Yours in Sport.

Gary Kennerson.....aka. Release Trigger.

Phil feel free to e-mail if you wish, just drop the xxx's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.