1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T And now for something completly different

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by foghorn220, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Watch the faces of the judges as this guy walks out on the
    stage.

You can almost see what they're thinking as they pre-judge him
    based on his looks and the fact that he's a cell phone salesman.

Pay attention to the audience as well.

Maybe this guy stopped believing in what people told him for so many years and ultimately started listening to his passion. If you take only one thing away from his appearance, it should be to never judge a book by its cover.
    Absolutely fantastic ..........

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1k08yxu57NA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1k08yxu57NA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Fog

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Absolutely spectacular! If the London Opera doesn't grab this fellow, they are missing out on a real tenor. Too bad he didn't get to do the whole aria. "Nessum Dorma", from "Turandot", is a real test of a good tenor.

You never know where the next Pavarotti may come.

Best,
    Dennis

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Foggy - you-da-man!

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Do a Google search for Paul Potts. He went on to win the whole contest and collect 100,000 pounds and perform for the Queen. Not too shabby.

Eric

5. gotbass

gotbass Member

be sure to play more than one clip

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

You never cease to amaze me Craig. You're a true Kentuckian Renaissance Man.

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Barry I have been told before im a little bit different also.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBycEUZ0HIA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBycEUZ0HIA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Fog

8. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Fog, I stand in awe. Truly captivating!! That you post and re-post this, gives just a little insight about your character.

Thanks.

9. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Every once in a while we are lucky enough to see or hear something truly beautiful. Thank Foggy for posting this truly wonderdul pair of videos. EveryMan has had his day!

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

nspktr1

Ok im not into opra but I thought it was sort of cool for a guy like this to be well loved by the general public I always love an under dog!!!!

Foggy

11. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Luciano Pavarotti dies and a star is born. Incredible.

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

unsingle:

Didn't know he just died but as you said we have a replacement just waiting to fill his shoes...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCIyzNISw1Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCIyzNISw1Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Foggy

13. nicky

nicky Member

Thank's Foggy, After seeing that I just had to tell others to watch it, truly fantastic. It's great that the world has found Paul Potts. You can't help but to wish him great success, Kevin

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Paul's CD will be joining the rest of my opera collection as soon as I can find a store that is selling it. His initial performance brought tears to my eyes (a friend sent the video via email).

Take the time to watch the video of Connie, the little blonde girl, singing in the competition for the first time. She is only 6. I cried when I heard her as well. She is unbelievably perfect. I'm sure we will be seeing a lot more of her, too.

All the videos scroll along as thumbnails at the bottom of the video in the very first post. Use the arrows to scroll through, and if you hover the pointer over the thumbnail, the title of the video will appear. Then double click to watch the video of your choosing.

Any of you who like opera and come to the Baltimore-Washington area, please contact me any time you will be in town and want to attend. I am always looking for friends who want to go along.

Luvn Bear Hugs...you should naturally like it, since you enjoy music on a whole different level. Call me. We'll get the guys to go with us?

15. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

^ for one of the best threads of the year.

16. stickbird

stickbird TS Member

I saw him on Oprah last week and have watched all his u/tube videos they are all great,but I think the first one is the best.he nails it big time.
    I also wanted to post it on here but I didn't know how well it would go over, I am glad it was posted also.

17. stickbird

stickbird TS Member

Just to add to my last post the show on Oprah was about utube and how popular it has become and that the paul potts video has set a record with something like 16 million views and that is one of the big reasons how so many people have been able to know about him.

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Well I thought this thread had died but glad to see some intrest in it ok like I said im not into Oprea but I love the under dog because I bet the judges thought he was a half a bubble off when he came on stage.

I also saw the Ophra show about You tube ok it was on when I came home from work and if I wanted to watch anything then that was my choice but must had missed Paul Pott's on there.

Foggy

19. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I downloaded his album, "One Chance", from Napster. He has ten songs on it which are superbly done. He has his "trademark" aria, "Nessum Dorma", as expected, but he has several more which are just outstanding. When he does "My Way", you'll wonder why Paul Anka ever let Frank Sinatra butcher it.

He also does one entitled "Everybody Hurts". Believe me, this "ain't no R.E.M" tune. He also does a great job on "The Music of the Night", from the "Phantom of the Opera".

Cost to download was $9.99.

You will really enjoy the album.

Best,
    Dennis

20. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

His CD is available from amazon and it is WONDERFUL!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.