1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T-An anonymous letter about a police officer

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sgt. Mike, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Probably this is old news to a lot of police veterans. It was just sent to me by fellow officer. He had just lost a law enforcement friend and found comfort in this:

“WHEN GOD MADE PEACE OFFICERS”

When the Lord was creating Peace Officers, He was into his sixth day of overtime, when an angel appeared and said, “You’re doing a lot of fiddling around on this one.”

And the Lord said, “Have you read the spec. on this order? A Peace Officer has to be able to run five miles through alleys in the dark, scale walls, enter homes the health inspector wouldn’t touch, and not wrinkle their uniform”.

They have to be able to sit in an undercover car all day on a stakeout, cover a homicide scene that night, canvass the neighborhood for witnesses, and testify in court the next day.

They have to be in top physical condition at all times, running on black coffee and half-eaten meals. And they have to have six pairs of hands.

The angel shook her head slowly and said, “Six pairs of hands…No Way.”

“It’s not the hands that are causing me the problems, “said the Lord, “It’s the three pairs of eyes an officer has to have.”

That’s on the standard model? Asked the angel.

The Lord nodded. One pair that sees through a bulge in a pocket, before he asks, “May I see what’s in there sir?” (When they already knows and wishes they had taken that accounting job.) Another pair here in the side of the head, for their partners’ safety. And another pair of eyes here in front that can look reassuringly at a bleeding victim and say. “You’ll be alright ma’am when they know it isn’t so.”

“Lord,” said the angel, touching his sleeve, “rest and work tomorrow.”

“I can’t,” said the Lord, “I already have a model that can talk a 250 pound drunk into a patrol car without incident and feed a family of five on a civil service pay check.”

The angel circled the model of the Peace Officer very slowly, “can it think?” she asked.

“You bet,” said the Lord. “it can tell you elements of a hundred crimes, recite Miranda warnings in it’s sleep; detain, investigate, search, and arrest a gang member on the street in less time than it takes five judges to debate the legality of the stop…and still it keeps it’s sense of humor.

This officer also has phenomenal personal control. They can deal with crime scenes painted in HELL, coax a confession from a child abuser, comfort a murder victim’s family’ and then read in the daily paper how Law Enforcement isn’t sensitive to the rights of criminal suspects.

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek of the Peace Officer. “There’s a leak,” she announced. “I told you that you were trying to put too much into this model.”

“That’s not a leak, “ said the Lord, “It’s a tear.”

“What’s the tear for?” asked the angel.

“It’s the bottled-up emotions, for fallen comrades, for commitment to that funny piece of cloth called the American flag, and for justice.”

“You’re a genius,” said the angel.

The Lord looked sober, “I didn’t put it there,” he did.

ANONYMOUS

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

WOW and i mean WOW!!!!

3. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

Sgt. Mike,

Thanks for this post my son is a sergeant in the Texas DPS Narcotics.

I was a peace officer in the early and middle seventies.

Matthew 5:9

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be sons of God.

David

4. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

That is very touching.

5. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

To all in law enforcement, my thanks for continuing the tradition. It's difficult to bury our own, but notify the family, is the "nearly impossible mission". It's always good to look back and reflect on our brothers and sisters who have had a great impact on our lives.

Please feel free to pass this letter on. Every profession has it's "problem children" and they are just that, "children". 90% of the law enforcement officers I know are hard working and dedicated. They are in the job to help society and not themselves, although their decisions are rarely understood. Michael

6. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Another of the Thankless job heard from. I have watched a number of teachers and police officers have that same patience that teachers demonstrate. I watched a school resource officer who was cuffing a high school student. He was still teaching the student while he was cuffing them. School resource officers, like teachers, still shake their heads when a judge puts the the mobile rap sheet back in public school while awaiting a trail. They don't put those students back in NON public schools even though those don't need a police officer. Police are accused of everything but little is ever proven. My Motto is: " Would I have had to do what I did, if YOU had not FIRST did what you did?" I am really tired of how the latest shooting victim was just starting to "turn their life around" at 30 years old. Even more regrettable is that the deceased was going to apply for their first job if their life hadn't been snuffed out! IMHO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.