1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Amos 'n' Andy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Duck Head, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

O/T Amos

Man, I watched 1 tape of 4 my buddy got for Christmas and I LMAO. I heard of them but I never heard the radio show or saw the TV show.What a riot! The actors were geniuses and so were the writers.The one about the rare nickle was first and I was crying and holding my gut it was so funny! I saw nothing racial or derogority in it except for white folks that were always portrayed as crooks or bandits.I'm not that racial to cry RACE against whites but I know someone will cry the other way around.Poor dumb bleeding hearts.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Ahhh the old days we miss so much

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The Kingfish, what a man.......

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

"Does the name Ruby Begonia strike a familiar note?"

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

On Sunday night Dad would take the radio down off the top of the refrigerator and set it right on the kitchen table.

Amos 'N Andy, Jack Benny, Fibber McGee, Our Miss Brooks, the evening was filled with chuckles.

"Holy Mackrul, dere, Andy"

LOL.

HM

6. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

'OH Rod-chester"

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Those were the days of: "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men, The Shadow does", "Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman" and of course "Come with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear where from out of the past comes the thundering hoofbeats of the great horse Silver and The Lone Ranger". Best video in the world because the images were in your imagination.

Eric

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Don't forget, Mr.Keen, tracer of lost persons.

Jack Armstrong, All American Boy.

Sky King!!!

Lots of good golden oldies.

If you do a Google you can generally find a site where you can hear the programs.

Mixer, you have it right. I could see everything that was happening in those programs just like I was there.

Hauxfan!

9. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

My favorite part of the show. Andy is Kingfish's reference, and he says, "oh, yeah. He's ok, give him the 200."

Danny

10. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Yeah, That was a good one. 'ol Andy sure had a lot of girlfriends.May Kingfish live on with the Mystic Knights of the Sea! I love 'em!

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Those were the days of: "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men, The Shadow does", "Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman" and of course "Come with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear where from out of the past comes the thundering hoofbeats of the great horse Silver and The Lone Ranger". Best video in the world because the images were in your imagination.

Eric

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Don't forget, Mr.Keen, tracer of lost persons.

Jack Armstrong, All American Boy.

Sky King!!!

Lots of good golden oldies.

If you do a Google you can generally find a site where you can hear the programs.

Mixer, you have it right. I could see everything that was happening in those programs just like I was there.

Hauxfan!

13. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

My favorite part of the show. Andy is Kingfish's reference, and he says, "oh, yeah. He's ok, give him the 200."

Danny

14. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Yeah, That was a good one. 'ol Andy sure had a lot of girlfriends.May Kingfish live on with the Mystic Knights of the Sea! I love 'em!

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

KIngfish singing, "You get the ax,I'll get the saw-we'll cut the leg off my mother-in-law"

Andy buying an oil well-"There are 2 types of wells, a gusher & a squirter--Andy. yo done got a squirter"

Phil Berkowitz

16. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

It should have been called the Kingfish and Andy Show. What a riot! LOL I'm 56 and never saw them.I love 'em!

17. WWB

WWB Member

I've got that dog goned XM radio and waste my $$ cause all I listen to is Old Time Radio so I hear all the things your talking about, plus programs like the Bickerson's, Duffy's Tavern "Where the Elite Meet to Eat", Hopalong! Sure helps the miles go by on a trip. But someone above is right--the greatest thing about old time radio was your imagination. The same holds true for books. It's why your disappointed when you read a book and then see a movie based on it--most never meet your version.

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    When I was a teenager in the 1970's, a local radio station here used to run shows from the Golden Age of Radio... including Amos 'n' Andy, The Life of Riley, The Shadow, Fibber McGee and Molly, etc.

Click on the link for some Portland, Oregon nostalgic radio.

In addition, we also had some of the radio personalities like Victor Ives hosting late night TV programming like Sinister Cinema and Sci Fi Cinema.

As a kid I loved listening to these radio shows and watching these old movie shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.