1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Accurate 2700 in 22-250 load

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by LABS4U0, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LABS4U0

LABS4U0 TS Member

I have a pound of Accurate 2700 that i want to load in a 22-250 Remington. Accurate calls for a starting load for a Hornady 53 gr HP of 39.0 gr and Max of 41.0 gr. seems a little hot to me. Anyone have any experience with Accurate 2700 in a 22-250? Thx, Darren

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I did try some you are right ...unless your particular rifle has a lot of freebore...41 would get pretty sticky...39.8 was a good load for my rifle with 55 gr Noslers in PMC brass

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Their data looks good. Other loads have a higher max pressure, and 2799 is the slowest powder listed.

Shoot what gives you the best group, My 22-250 has to be a full grain and a half under max for the 55 NBT so that's what I shoot at sage rats.

If you have a slow twist, you might be more accurate closer to max.

Bring a hardwood block and mallet along and do a ladder test up to 1/2grain over max in .3 increments, 3 shot groups.

My experience with Accurate is the are a little stingy, probably lawsuit protection.

Each gun is different, and there is nothing wrong with approaching max loads as long as you use caution.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.