1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Accidental Discharge

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by setter, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. setter

setter Member

Seems my friend was going down the stairs with a .357 auto the other day, temporarily lost his footing. Must have had his finger in the trigger guard as gun discharged. Fortunately, no one was injured. Only other occupant was the dog and bullet entered closet where it encountered wife's fur coat, (now get this not just one but two furs, penetrating through and through). Exited closet and lodged in wall. He was gonna keep from the wife until he could get fur fixed but she spotted wall entry first thing.

The above is a true story and happened very recently. My question is this, when visiting should I continue to stay in my friend's house and just ask for all CCW's be turned over to me upon arrival?

Jim

P.S. He also has a .50 cal Barrett but I don't think his wife permits it to be loaded in the house.

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

YEP just don't sleep in the closet ;0)

--- Chip King ---

3. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

FWIW....it's more properly termed a NEGLIGENT discharge. Nothing accidental about it. Thank God no one was injured.

FN in MT

4. Toddy

Toddy Member

Good no one was hurt this time.....

Most "accididents" are caused by "stupidity"

Reg Todd

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Obviously, he lacked the blathering advice of a "Shooting Coach"...stay tuned for the remedy...

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

"Obviously, he lacked the blathering advice of a "Shooting Coach"...stay tuned for the remedy... "

Maybe buzz-gun has the decades of defensive firearms training and experience to give HIS remedy.

After buzz-gun displays his expertise, I might not need to blather advice. LOL

7. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hey Jim:Being from Okla.Was one of those coats Possum & the other Raccoon ???

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I bet it scared the crap out the the guy hiding in the closet. No wonder his wife was upset. LOL

9. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Musta had a Release Trigger in that dang 'ole thang!

WoooooHoooo

LB

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

SO that's one way to get some one to come out of the closet

11. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

When staying over, wear a Kevlar vest.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    B*tch slap him into next week.

13. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Two guy's and a closet?
    I guess it's what Slick Willie said "don't ask don't tell"

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

An "Accidental Discharge" is something you have in your pants....This is more commonly known as a "Stupidity Discharge".

Curt

15. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

Why don't you just quit staying in your friends house? Problem solved for you.

16. otnot

otnot Active Member

When I was 13 I was moose hunting by myself for the first time near my home. I had seen a moose so I chambered a round in my 300 Winmag and forgot about it being loaded. When I got back to the road leading to my house, I pointed it up and pulled the trigger to make sure it was unloaded. When it went off it scared me so bad I almost dropped my rifle then the old man came huffing up the hill to see if I had killed a moose or myself. Since that time every time I pick up a gun it's considered loaded until verified visually.

17. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Some of the funniest posts I have seen in a while. ROFLMAO

18. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

ADs happen even to people that carry professionally. The technique that I rely on is never (as in ever) put my finger inside the trigger guard until I'm lined up and ready to shoot. I even do this on the trap line, in the field, shooting action pistol games .. everything. My trigger finger rests on the front of the guard until the target/bird is in the air. This technique does not slow me down in the least nor does keeping the gun on safe but it does take a familiarity that only comes with tons of repetitive practice.

Sounds to me that your friend has very limited gun handling skills and needs to start over with some professional instruction and a less complicated weapon. In reality they probably won't make any effort along these lines because they believe they are blessed with a natural ability.

19. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

I would just make sure I slept upstairs. Guy must be rich, 357 mag AUTOMATIC and a 50 cal.

20. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Yeah right ... I believe this like I believe most on TS.com shoot really good trap scores.

If there is any truth in this escapade of idiocy then the person needs to have his guns taken away from him and his little tally wacker wacked a few dozen times by a firearms instructor.

What an idiot this guy is ... and to think that he was dumb enough to tell somebody that would blab about it on the internet but then I wouldn't worry about him retaliating at all cause he seems to be a very poor shot if he cant even walk with a loaded gun without it going off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.