1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T, 750 LB bear chased by pack of wolfs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kelly andersen, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Damn, look at the claws on that thing!!! Is that in wisc???

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I received the same picture plus about 4 other pictures of the bear on the truck bed. This was an email I received on November 6th from a friend in Montana and the title was the bear was killed near Lincoln ?? and there was no mention of being chased by wolves.

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

How many loggers did it take to place the bear on the flatbed?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I've shot a few black bears over the years, none have claws like this, this is a Griz.

Above is a website with all the details on this bear, along with many other very interesting trophys.

I like the pic of the fox "varmint hunting" bunnies!!!

Doug

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Huh! The "log truck" turns into a Dodge flatbed with Montana plates. Not too many grizzlys between Merrill and Medford, Oregon. A remarkable animule though, eh?.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

That particular Grizz was killed as he crossed the Highway in the Lincoln Mt area. He was hit by a pickup truck in the middle of the night. As far as a pack of wolves....we have lots of wolves in Montana but they are a bunch smarter than to take on a full grown Grizz. They would have to be awful hungry and there's way to much to eat this time of the year. Gut piles abound and lots of deer and elk to take on. Why take on a full size Grizz and end up with half the pack dead? It sounded good tho...wonder who comes up with these?

shoot well and have fun.......Rickyd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.