1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T 686 sporting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Larry 64, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry 64

Larry 64 TS Member

I am looking to get a sporting O/U and I am looking at the Beretta 686 white onyx. I don't know Berettas. Why is it so much cheaper than other Beretta O/U's?

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

Larry, the one I owned kicked like a mule. I am 6'2" and 205 lbs and they just don't fit me.

Steve

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The White Onyx Sporter is the entry level for Beretta shotguns. The levels increase to Silver Pigeon S through Grade V. The White Onyx has a plain receiver and standard wood with an oil finish. As the grades increase you get more engraving on the receivers and a better grade of wood. Grade IV has a black receiver with gold birds and Grade V has a case colored receiver. I have two of the White Onyx Sporters in 30" on web site. $1700.00 http://www.silverdollarfirearms.com
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

4. Larry 64

Larry 64 TS Member

So they are all the same, except the DT-10, just more levels of fluff.

5. Retired05

Retired05 TS Member

In the last year, I bought a 687 trap combo set and later a 32" 686 White Onyx for sporting. Since the 68x series guns are all claimed to be the same mechanically, as an experiment only, I was able to swap the receivers, barrels, and fore ends between the two with no fitting.

I find that the recoil of the 686 is at least as soft as any other sporting O/U that I own. Months ago, Beretta had errors on its web site regarding the chokes. The 686 has Optima Chokes.

It is a plain gun on the outside but it works like a charm and the price is right.

6. oz

oz Active Member

check out joel etchen.com I would buy a used 682 before a new 686 white onyx. you can buy from him and have it shipped to your FFL dealer. oz

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

When purchasing a new Beretta a year ago I asked the good folks at Etchens to sell me on the difference between the 686 White Onyx sporting model and the 682 series. I was willing to pay the extra for the 682 if they could show me how the extra money would benefit me for my shooting desires ... to end a story quickly they asked me what length barrel I wanted on my 686 and that was that.

You will not be sorry if you get a 686 White Onyx ... it is a heck of a bang for the buck weapon.

8. 686

686 TS Member

does the white onix hace a steel reciver ot alum. ? i have the 686 sport 12 ga like that the safety stays off when reloading. does the white onix do this also? i am looking for a 20 ga 28 in.

9. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Just bought one.

Same receiver design as all 68x guns.

Even better, comes with long forcing cones and Optima bbl

Chokes are Optima flush. An earlier post of mine on that revealed the extended Optimas work better. I agree, and have the extended in this gun now

686 good gun, less fluff, same fit. +Very happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

686 sporting for trap

beretta 686 white onyx sporting years