1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O.S.T.A Web Site

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Tim, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim TS Member

I was looking over the O.S.T.A. web site this evening and saw where a candidate for Governor, John Kasich, had a letter posted on this site. I don't know anything about Mr. Kasich or his political beliefs. The only question I ask is this; is the O.S.T.A. web site a forum for political activity which may or may not help or harm our organization?
    Tim Hunsaker

2. Doc G

Doc G Member

I can understand why you posed this question, Tim, but I feel that under the circumstances which I will delineate, the posting of John Kasich's letter is appropriate.

A representative of the Ohio Republican Party approached Jack Fishburn and Aden Kaufman prior to the state shoot to ask if it would be acceptable to have a presence at the shoot. Jack and Aden said it would as long as the Ohio Democratic Party would be given the same opportunity. Jack was even gracious enough to put up a tent for the ORP and I'm sure would have done the same for the ODP if they had elected to come, which they didn't.

So the Ohio Republican Party had representatives at the state shoot every day interacting with shooters and talking about candidates and issues important to shooters. This culminated in John Kasich coming to the hog roast to meet as many shooters as possible and show his support for the second amendment and gun rights. He followed this up with the letter posted on the website.

I feel quite sure that if Governor Strickland or a member of his administration had visited the shoot and followed up with a letter as John Kasich did, the O.S.T.A. would have posted it.

So, in my view, this is an acceptable means to dispense information about a candidate who took the time to visit the shoot and wishes for those of us who have a vested interest in this issue, to know where he stands. There was equal opportunity for the other side to do the same.

Doug Gormley

3. Tim

Tim TS Member

Doug,
    Thanks for the reply! Now that I know "the rest of the story" I would have to agree with the letterbeing posted on the web site.
    Tim Hunsaker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.