1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NZ DTL Championships

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by erm, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erm

erm Member

I got a chance to shoot the first two days of the 2009 New Zealand Down The Line Championships. DTL is their form of trapshooting similar to ours. I had a great time! I can't say enough for the hospitality and help extended to me at the shoot. This year the shoot was held at the Waikato Clay Target Club just outside of Hamilton. Club President Dean Everett and his shoot crew made sure I felt at home and were always around to check in with me to see if I needed anything. A big MAHALO to Dean's father Ray who come to my rescue with his double release K80 for me to borrow on the second day after a humbling experience on the first day in the pouring rain shooting the club's pull trigger loaner. Most events were only 50 targets so there was no room for error. Single rise (singles) and handicap allowed two shots at the target. What we call classes, they call grades. Only one small money option to play in each event so you know they are their for the honors, not the money. Shells were limited to 1 oz. and ranged in price from $4.75-$5.50US per box. Next year the shoot moves back down to the South Island outside of Christchurch. If you are thinking about a NZ vacation, check this shoot out.

Elton Miyagawa

2. erm

erm Member

Sport,

The NZ guys competed in the last World DTL shoot that was held in Ireland so DTL is shot around the world and not just in Australia and NZ.

erm

3. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, 'repeteclay' travels out here to shoot this week long event most years and may be able to offer advice to anyone travelling over with a gun. Next year the shoot is in Christchurch (Chch), and should anyone need advice on the 'what/where/how' of Chch I may be able to help. Kind regards-Graham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.