1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NYX Sport Shooting Glasses

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ThorsDad, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

Has anyone tried these prescription shooting glasses out and if so how did you like them? Are they osha approved for work also ? Time for me to invest in some shooting glasses but the job is also going to require them so maybe I can make this a 2fer . Thanks Jay

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I've had mine for 4 years. I had Decots for years before, and those are fine glasses, too. I like the NYX better because they are lighter, more comfortable, wrap around, and the lens is closer to your eye so the glasses don't have to ride up high on your face. Both the lens and the prescription insert are polycarbonate, so you can't get much more protection than that. For about $ 90 you get the glasses, three lens, and the case. My insert cost $ 170, and has a bifocal portion, which I recommend if you need it. I'm tempted to get the progressive insert next time.
    These glasses have gotten very popular, so when you see someone wearing them, ask his opinion. It'll probably be the same as mine.

3. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

thorsdad, I've had mine for about 3 years. I like them but at times they can be a pain. Since they fit close to your face and if you sweat they steam up unless you use an anti fog agent on them. As Dick said if you need bifocals get them I tried saving money and only bought single prescription, they work but I can't see anything close up. If you go directly to the NYX website, I think you can buy the frames and 3 sets of lenses for around $60 plus the extra lens cost $17 to $20.

I don't think they are OSHA approved safety glasses as the lenses aren't secured to the frames nor are they thick enough. If you look at the website you may discover differently.

4. jvsomers

jvsomers Guest

I have a set of NYX that I use when shooting w/contacts and they work well. I have since swithed to Ranger Sporter glasses. You order your prescription glasses and then color 'clip-on' lenses. Search for Morgan Optical on the web.

Keep it fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nyx glasses

nyx prescription shooting glasses

nyx shooting glasses

nyx shooting glasses reviews

nyx sport glasses

nyx sport glasses reviews

nyx sport shooting glasses

nyx sporting glasses