1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NYX Glasses ? ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flinter58, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flinter58

flinter58 TS Member

Looking for information - Has anyone tried and used the NYX Glasses? - Especially their Prescription System???? Looks like a great idea - 1 prescription lense and multiple colors......Input please

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I've used them for 4 years with the prescription insert and the bifocal option. They are very light and comfortable to wear and visability is very good. They have become popular among sporting clays shooters where target definition is critical. A number of pro golfers use them as well.

Because the prescription insert is close to the eye, finding the optical center is not an issue. Also they don't have to ride high on your face like the other style shooting glasses.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shot with several guys down south- they had a local dealer in their club- so they had a bunch of them

they quit wearing them and were wearing something different-- all trying to sell the ones they owned-

I havent ever used them myself

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

My problem with them was that there is so much frame that it gets in the way of an unobstructed continuious view of the target. They were great for pistol and rifle, but not clay targets.

5. mobear

mobear Member

I tried them for awhile, and while the lenses themselves are good, the main problem was with the nose piece, it would come apart easily, and I tried repeatedly to contact the manufacturer but never talked to a person or heard back from them when I left a message.

Dan

6. flinter58

flinter58 TS Member

Thanks for the input - I will stick with Post-4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.