1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NYS Safe Act isn't safe

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bsekf, Sep 1, 2013.

1. bsekf

bsekf Member

NYS Safe Act isn

"I have invested in several guns, just like I have invested in art, jewelry and my investment account. I think a $4000 AR 15(the one I use to shoot military KD competition) would be considered an investment and is not the absolute high end for a custom AR15. Basically, if you register that AR15 , you cannot call it part of your estate because it cannot be inherited or transferred, although you could sell it out-of-state. When you die the NY State Police confiscate it. Now if you confiscated my other investments like art, jewelry, mutual funds and etc. that would be stealing and covered under the 4th amendment. So why not the AR15? It is property! As I recall, George Washington and his bunch of rabble rousers started shooting people for doing that (stealing powder and guns) and I believe the 2nd amendment was written to protect us from something like that ever happening again by a oppressive government. And, with what we hear every day from Washington it is beginning to sound as if we nearly have an oppressive government. GOD SAVE US ALL"

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

You guys/gals in the lovely state of NY need to challenge that law, I'm sure you can find a lawyer to start a Class Action suit....

Curt

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It's already in the courts. HMB

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hook generators up to the Founding Fathers. Energy problems solved.