1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NYS raised the price of targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr. Honk, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Just read on the NYS ATA web site that the cost of targets will be $31 / 100 for the Empire Grand because of a target shortage.

Anyone know the issue with White Flyer that is causing this to happen?

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Yes.... Pitch is in short supply and WF has raised their prices as much as $4 per box.

T

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Fire damage causing supply problems. HMB

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

It would be interesting to see what the state shoots will charge per 100 this season.

FRedmon

5. porky

porky TS Member

Where is the pitch supplier that the fire damage was and did it affect all three of the white flier plants? It hasn't affected Lawrey that I know of.

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Georgia $28/100

This is the 2nd increase by White Flyer in less than 90 days.

The increase back in January, WF sent out a letter to the distributors saying the increase was effective the week before the letter arrived. Nice way to do business.

7. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

The website says 30/100. At that, it indicates that the cost of targets is indeed rising. There are threads on this site that warned that there was a shortage of pitch to manufacture targets. Perhaps bios are the wave of the future. My club throws bios; other than no black soot ball there is no difference.

8. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

My appologies; it does say 31/100.

9. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

There is a lot of interest in this thread....... the magical question. Will the $6/100 increase in price affect your participation in the Empire Grand? And like wise; will the $5.00/100 affect your participation in the NYS Shoot? The NYSATA was obviously affected by the price of targets per case. It will not affect my participation, as tournaments are just a part of vacation plans. I hope the rest of you feel the same way! Hope to see past, and present, friends at both shoots.

10. eperry

eperry Member

Will still go, but probably not shoot as many prelims, and if weather is iffy may not shoot. Also if gas stays over $4.00 a gallon I wonder if that will have a bigger impact. I hope not, because last year you finally saw the attendance numbers up.

11. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

I really don't care, if I can get time off from work, I am there!

12. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

I agree, the price of gas is the significant influence on participation. The NYSATA puts on a great shoot, the targets are all consistant, sometimes the weather not. The price of targets, along with everything else is up, but, love of trapshooting will survive!

13. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

The conflict with the SU graduation on the same weekend as the Empire Grand is unfortunate too. It drove the motel room rates way up, or made them unavailable. In the last couple years, especially last year, Doug and the NYSATA did a ton of work that was evident and visible to improve things immensely. The target setting was excellent also.

Respectfully,

Jon Reitz

14. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

I also had a hard time getting a room,found 1 in Brewerton
    Glenn

15. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

And the next thing we'll hear will be a shortage of cardboard to pack the targets in. And then possibly a shortage of the already-crappy paint they put on them. And then the trees used to make that same cardboard will all have burned down in a wildfire, causing them to raise the cost (yet) again.

It's no different than with food prices ; gas prices ; WHATEVER prices. This country has become a nation of "manufactured" shortages, merely to suit the profit margins of those in charge with production or distribution of goods.

If there are too many oranges on the trees in Florida, we let them rot in the fields, as opposed to lowering the price of orange juice to the comsumer. Or......we wait until a colder-than-normal overnight is forecast, and then use the "frost damage" excuse to justify the need to raise prices of that same orange juice.

It is the same old story, and the principle applies to ANY goods or services you can think of. I (for one) am sick & tired of hearing it. I'm fed up with all of the slick terminology and "end around" tactics used to try to fake the consumer into thinking that price increases are anything but good old American GREED.

Seriously......I would have a greater degree of respect for these folks if they just told the truth. Tell me you want to make more money. Tell me that in order to make more money, you are going to shove it up my A$$ again. Save the BS for the time you spend around the water cooler, smirking about how you hoodwinked the consumer this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.