1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NYS Pheasants maybe the end of

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by raymerlo, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raymerlo

raymerlo Member

This is to advise you to the end of pheasant release's by NYS DEC is in the making,the governor want's to kill all the breeders and donate them to food banks in the southern tier.they already had dec people release the remaining bird's on state land in varous regions of the state,It looks like the administration has given in to the humane society and they are gloating over this,the budget to run the only farm left was 750,000 dollars,they spent over
    3,ooo,ooo dollars just to rename the tri-bro bridge for signage,this is while we have major budget problem never mind the revenue the sportsman bring in to the state coffers,the pheasant program was one of the most popular programs we had...RAY

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I'm surprised it's lasted this long considering the trash that's elected up there.

Curt

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Oh sure, they're all for the rights of hunters. Yeah.

4. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Ray,

I am on Long Island, sorry to hear of this. But, as you and I know, we are the "minority" around here !!

CW

5. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

I've helped stock these birds with the DEC for several years now. This shortsighted decision makes me sick to my stomach. We've had birds here to hunt for as long as I can remember. I'm also a cooperator in the young pheasant release program. That too will go out the window. My golden retreiver (Copper) won't like it either.

Jon Reitz

6. raymerlo

raymerlo Member

I also was a cooperator from the inception out of region 3,go to

www.humanesociety.org
    and open the pheasant report you will be surprised

7. tj303

tj303 Member

The accidental governor has closed the last pheasant farm in New York.
    http://www.theithacajournal.com/article/20081215/NEWS01/812150315/1002/rss

My son, lab, and I had our best pheasant season this year. Pheasant hunting in NY is now just a memory.

TJ,
    Ithaca, NY

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I thank God every day that I don't live in a blue state.

9. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

I am very sorry to here this, I live in ILL most corrupt there is and our great governor is trying to shut ours down also. Is closing all the parks that release birds, a lot of very young and very old hunters use these to hunt. I am neither of these, however these all hinter that we loose. Our country is turning to crap and there seems to be no end in sight.

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

It is sad and we have to keep the struggle going but it is apparent that America is in freefall. The counterculture that started in the 60's is now running our country. They will leave us broke and without any morality or freedom.

11. raymerlo

raymerlo Member

Thanks for the moral support but where are all the ny people,it's their tax money,this is license fee money that paid for the farm,have we gotten so dumbed down that we don't care and accecpt this as our fate,I got more responce from out of state people then from new yorkers
    now it's pheasants,next togo will be trout,the trappers are having a hard time
    and nobody cares

12. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

750,000/yr. to run the Farm and they are closing it. NY has spent over 15,000,000 since 2001 for ballistic fingerprinting for New handgun sales and have not solved a single crime. Why in the Hell don't they stop this program also.

13. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I know what you are saying. I have gun shop in NY (State) not City. What a bunch of BS regulations they have here.
    I live about 9 miles from the Pheasant Farm. Seems like they could raise and sell enough birds to cut the cost way down. The Politions here trip over dollars to save dimes, matbe even pennies. .

14. raymerlo

raymerlo Member

You have to write your state reps,both in the assembly and the senate and tell them what you said here then follow up with a call and ask what is happening
    with this situataion

15. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I believe that the NRAILA is going to get involved in this due to the fact the Pheasant program is paid for with money from the Pitman-Robertson excise funds. Too bad our Governor and DEC director don't get invited to go hunting with VP Chaney. NY hunters, you have got to call your State Senators & Assembly members and voice your concerns over the closing of the Reynolds Game Farm that has been in operation since 1927. Larry Evans

16. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

The way this state pisses away money on BS, then they make the call to end that program? This is what we get for having that hemmhoroid city hanging off of our ass. Disgusting.

Brett D. in LeRoy, NY " Blizz"

17. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

NY has spent 15 million +++ for a Handgun ballistic fingerprinting program since Mar. of 2001 and have not solved a single crime. Why don't they scrap that worthless program.

18. trapshootingfran

trapshootingfran TS Member

Our stupid ass govenor also closed all the prison farms that supplied milk,cheese,butter,beef,corn for feed and fuel, and everything that is grown on a farm for the prison system. This guy has gone nuts. He has proposed to tax everything fron soda, calling it an obesity tax, to fuel as if it isn't high enough. We are in trouble in NY state.
    Keep shootin while we can
    Fran

19. raymerlo

raymerlo Member

He's not your governor he fell into it and is porking us, wait till you see his salt water fishng license proposal what bunch of jamokes

20. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I say to hell with them. When our hunting licenses expire next year, simply don't renew it, and hunt anyway. If we all do this, the courts won't be able to handle it. I also have a hard time believing that the DEC boys support this crap.

Screw the libs and their festering hemmohoroid NYC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.