1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NYS Government Corruption

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Within the last couple of weeks eight or ten black and hispanic state representatives from the New York city area have been accused of corruption in connection with influence peddling. The race card of course has been played by supporters. The New York Post carried the story along with pictures of the accused. If those charged voted in favor of the SAFE ACT, and found guilty it would amount to criminals voting to make law abiding citizens criminals! The question is if and what they were promised for their yes votes on the act and by whom? Does anybody know any more facts pertaining to this story? Thanks. ed nichols

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Let me guess what political party they are associated with........

3. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

LMAO, imagine that!

4. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

My NY State Assemblyman, Brian Kolb tried to get a bill passed that would eliminate NY state pensions for NY Legislators who were convicted of fraud, bribery, corruption, etc, etc. It got shot down by the Democrats. Convicted NY State Comptroller Alan Hevesi (sp) gets over $100k/year in a NY pension. Now that King Andy has his anti-gun money from Bloomberg et al, he wants to try the same thing, only he now wants the credit. ps. Brian Kolb is an NRA, S.C.O.P.E. member and a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment. Larry Evans

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Why I can't believe it

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

My area rep. is a gentleman named Steve Hawley. He's trying to have a simple check-box, yes or no, added to our next voting form as to whether NYC and Long Island should be separated. He said every time he mentions it to his counterparts downstate, they are actually for it.

If this actually ever happened, it would be one of the best days of my life. I'm not holding my breath, but hey, any shot is better than no shot.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

NYS has nothing on Illinois maybe their learning from Chicago!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.