1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NYS Counties

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Beni, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beni

Beni Member

Niagara County Legislature voted last night to repeal the NYS safe act laws and will be going to Albany with it, along with Wyoming County and Cattaragus county. Chattaqua county will vote tonight. We need people from all the rest of the Counties to get in contact with your Legislators and push for the same thing. Hey lets show Coumo we all dont belong to New York City. Keep fighting make your politicians be forthrite and out in the open for debate,their proposed laws and amendments. Dont settle for behind the doors at midnight politics make them be accountable, dont forget you pay their way. FIGHT LIKE HELL......... beni

2. T.A.K.

T.A.K. Member

Erie county legislators are a bit troublesome. I've been trying to contact them ever since the SAFE act was announced, but I doubt they take a girl very seriously. Since we have the city of Buffalo in our county we face a little more of a problem, but we do have the Erie county sheriff and his department on our side so I'm assuming it's only a matter of time. Erie will vote tomorrow.

New York does not belong to Albany and New York city alone. Keep up the fight and rally as many people to go to the protest in Albany on the 28th.

~T.A.K.

3. Beni

Beni Member

Hey at least your sherrif is against it Niagara County Sherrif is a Dem and supports coumo. I think Erie county will be with us,cant Imagine Orleans or Genesee to not be with us either. We need to get the mid State Counties and the rest on board beni

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Keep their feet to the fire, I would help if there was anyway, but they think all Texans are renegades

5. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Except for Broome Co. executive Barbara Fiala who actually lowered taxes including her own salaray sorry to say we lean Democratic. The police chief in Binghamton and Mayor came out in a news conference supporting Cuomo's actions. Our state senator Libous and Assemblywoman Lupardo a democrat voted no. Many gun clubs in and around this county but a couple of leaders mentioned above get the news medias attention. ed nichols

6. trapperwads

We need to call it the 'UNSAFE ACT'..Cuomo and his ilk do not want us to protect ourselves ...they don't care about us..just their own political agenda and future. Use the same tactics the libs use to garner support. Always refer to it as the "UNSAFE ACT." Libs use abortion rights but there is no right to murder. Call it the "UNSAFE ACT."and try to get support in our favor. ed nichols

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Genesee votes next week. I would say it's a safe bet they'll vote for repeal.

8. Beni

Beni Member

Hey ED, My wife and I just made out our non-disclosure forms so lib. press cant publish our info.for ccw . I feel like it will be some sort of trap used for the future,almost feel victimized having to do this. I have to get one for my mom who is 78 years old and also has her ccw. What a bunch of bullsht. I dont like the way its worded at all,almost like your pleading dont tell them my name. The State Troopers I talked to said,the down state troops support coumo, at least the ones that can readily advance their carreer,western NY where I live,those troopers do not support the Safe Act, Remember the millions of dollars that was spent trying to finger print each hand gun firing pin afew years ago. There was never a crime commited with one of those firearms,they finally dropped that program. We need our neighboring Counties to step up and lean on these politicians and dont give up. Fight Like Hell.............. beni

9. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I read Rockland County voted to repeal also

10. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Jefferson County voted to repeal it this week also! I believe Lewis County has also.

Also, I talked to friend of mine this afternoon who is a recently retired trooper. He said next week there is another planned protest gathering in Albany (he's going) and there will be a lot of former cops there. They are upset about not being allowed to carry once retired, they way they have been able to in the past, among other things.

11. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

The Ontario County Board of Supervisors will vote March 7 to repeal the "Unsafe" act. It looks like a sure thing. Larry Evans

12. trapperwads

Beni..haven't filled out my form yet...you make a good point about what it will be used for in the future...but they already have our names in the pistol permit registry. ed

13. Beni

Beni Member

Wish we had local media that would report on this Im sure more repeals are coming keep up the good work Beni

14. 870

870 Well-Known Member

What is the ramification of counties taking a position against the law? Does it have any impact on us or is it just a feel-good issue. Also, Beni, where do you get those forms about nondisclosure? Are they specific to each county etc?

15. T.A.K.

T.A.K. Member

Erie county has voted to repeal the (un)SAFE act- 7 to 4. We are the 5th county to join in.

My club had those forms posted so I filled one out (I'm still waiting on my permit (hopefully it'll only take another 6 months) but you can opt out early if you're an applicant none the less). Usually on your county's web site under the sheriff department or county clerk is where they have them posted. From what I've seen, the content is the same, but the addresses of where to turn them in are specific to your county.

16. Beni

Beni Member

870 get the forms from your county pistol permit or county clerk office. Not sure of the online sight. Cuomo was in Buffalo today and said these laws could be amended,he only took 1 question about the safe act laws and his press people shut the questions down. We need to keep leaning on those politicians that would take our rights away. WBEN radio talk show host Sandy Beach reported that when cuomo was questioned about gun confiscation he said there would be no confiscation,that was in Buffalo. Earlier in the day at Albany he was asked the same question and said gun confiscation is always a possibility. Does anybody have verification of that statement. If so this would help prove the Govenor is a hypocrite and a lying sneek. Thank you Erie County who were the 4 that voted against the repeal,please dont forget them when elections come. We need Monroe county to get on board now and Livinston, Alegheny, Counties also come on guys help out. Keep fighting .......... beni

17. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

870 - above is the Jeff. Cty. site to print the form from. I believe the form is generic in that it is the same for all counties, just where it has to be sent to is different.

18. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys

19. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

We need help down our ways guys!!! Dutchess county needs to come on board!!! We gotta get rid of this rat leading our state!!!

20. wayno

wayno TS Member

i congratulate the people of the state of new york for resisting the unconstitutional legislation you face. please continue to fight by using the existing scotus law in this area. that is your strength.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.