1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NY Shooters - MUST read and act lawsuit!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bob Griffith, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

To all shooters, but especially NY shooters. Below is the link to WE The People, a group dedicated to making our state government accountable to the public. There is a lawsuit on this site against NY regarding the SAFE ACT. Please read it, fill out the form, mail it and complete the last section with your information.

There were 3 people at our Sackets Harbor Winter League shoot this morning alerting us to this action & asking for our help. They have been holding town hall type meetings around the state trying to rally the shooting public & get things going to stop this madness before it goes any further.

Please, do your part and act on this before it's too late! We can't win if we don't try. Today was the 1st I had heard of it & sounds like something worth the little effort involved.

Here is the link:

http://www.wethepeopleofny.org/

Thanks in advance for your participation!

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The link doesn't work it sends me right back to the home page

3. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

MY BAD! Try this one!

http://www.wethepeopleofny.org/

4. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

How about this.

5. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Thanks, Charlie AMA and Catpower......

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

No problem Bob. That was an interesting read. I hope it works out for you guys up there in New York. Gosh, no large soft drinks, no guns. What's next-no footlong hot dogs at Yankee Stadium?

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I believe the NY State Rifle and Pistol Association filed suit last week! Have an email laying around somewhere...

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I would sign on but I doubt they would like my Texas addy

9. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

NOTICE OF CLAIM

http://www.nysrpa.org/files/SAFENoticeOfClaim.pdf

10. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Kind of a shame that with these new regs. hanging over us that discussions about favorite bourbon, price of haircuts, etc. get more hits than something like this.....just saying!

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

This is the big one. The manditory modification of the magazines, to 10 rounds max. capacity, or surrender them, making in a sense, pre-law possession illegal. These parts of the law will more then likely be stricken, from the law. This part of the law, will be considered confiscation.

D. unconstitutionally criminalizes and bans the possession of certain firearms,
    ammunition and large capacity feeding devices that were legally possessed prior by plaintiffs prior
    to the legislation’s passage and enforcement, and in which the plaintiff’s had a cognizable property interest.

12. Frenchy

Frenchy Member

TO Bob Griffen,
    Bob there is a very interesting post on here intitled "A coupled Supreme Court decisions" you should read.According to these decisions the government cannot stop us from having military weapons because we (legal U.S.
    citizens) are the militia we as militia can posses anything the military issues to its throops.Again this is a supreme court decision and it is still on the books.The post has been on a while and it is near the very end of the posts.
    GOOD LUCK ! !
    fRENCHY

13. A CHANCE

A CHANCE TS Member

I agree everyone should do what they can but petitions and meetings will have limited if any affect. Why not just stop buying hunting and fishing licenses NY state took in $49,023,776.00 last year in sales of licenses loss of any part of that will get someone's attention just think about it and all the extra money spent associated with hunting and fishing we may even get some support from outside the hunting and shooting community.Remember the old saying money talks but no money talks louder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.