1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NY Shooter, Tony Chianese passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by puablo, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

NY State Hall of Fame shooter and good friend, Tony Chianese passed away yesterday following a long fight with cancer. Tony courageously fought his illness and was very upbeat throughout his treatments and sickness. Tony started shooting ATA in 1973 and was a tough competitor. He was named to several NY all-state teams and had the high average in singles for the state one year.
    Tony registered 85,000 singles targets, 50,000 handicap, and 36,000 doubles targets during his career. Tony was a regular face, along with his wife at local shoots and lots of New England and PA shoots.
    Tony was always at home at the traprange. He was a member of WillowWood Gun Club in Mahopac, NY. He was always willing to help out a shooter who was starting out in trap, along with some of the regulars who needed some help.
    Cards may be sent to Mrs. Barbara Chianese and family, 136 Longview Rd., Clinton Corners, NY 12514

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences to his family and friends...I donate to the Johns Hopkins Oncology Research regularly in my dads name who also suffered terribly with this despicable disease

4. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Rest in peace now, my friend. You will always be remembered and treasured.

b.

5. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

I am sorry to hear of his passing,he always had a nice word to say to me
    Glenn Zimmerman

6. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Jeff,

Shot with Tony throughout the 80's when I was a Nutmegger and our yardages coincided. Always enjoyed his company. Sorry to hear of his passing. Condolences to you and his family and friends from Oregon.

Mike Mann

7. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

To the top for a top-notch friend.

b.

8. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

The Wake for Tony will be at White's funeral parlor, Wednesday Feb.9th. Market Street, Rhinebeck, NY 2-4 and 7-9...phone number 845-876-3193.

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

10. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Very sorry to hear about another of my great NY shooting buddies passing on...I remember shooting with Tony in NY...Taconic Trap Club owned by Jeff's father was the best gun club in NY to shoot... Tony was a great friend & a great shooter... He was tough to beat...Thanks for all the info Jeff....Pete LaBella

11. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy to family and friends and may Tony rest in peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.