1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NY now has the toughest gun laws in the country

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Rich219, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Legislation has just been passed that gives NY the toughest gun laws in the country. Assault weapons have all been banned, any magazine over 7rds is now a felony, and ammunition purchases require a background check and online ammo purchases are illegal.

With that said it is now time for me to leave NY. I have a solid lead on a position in Sidney, NE so hopefully I'll be out of this pit shortly.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Congrats NY..you just made a 10/22 an assault weapon...What a crock

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

They'll have no answer to the higher crime rate they just "created".

To the Jews who live in and around NY, who voted for your present clowns,

Hope you remembered 1938!! or have you forgotten??

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

The majority of NY is rural. Tonight was the line was drawn in the sand for me. There is no longer any future for me in NY and I will do everything in my power to be gone by the end of the summer.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Toughest gun laws? Don't you mean the most oppressive?

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Keep a close eye on their crime-o-meter my friends..if the good folks there cave to the disarming letting themselves blend into the flock...the big bad wolves will have a feeding frenzy on the poor helpless sheep

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Brian and Rich. Does that mean that the Ruger 89 I've had for 20 years is now illegal? I think it holds 10 rounds in the magazine

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If you live in New York, yes, illegal to have a 10 round magazine for it. You can only have a seven round magazine or you are an instant felon.

Shame on you for owning a Ruger P89 assault weapon!

9. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Thank the domocrats I hope their crime and murder rate triples then lets see what they will ban next. I expect it to be challenged in the supreme court but obozo owns it to

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

The measure passed the State Senate and now goes before the General Assembly, today.

It has to get passed in the Assembly, then signed by Cumo (which he will ) before it is law.

You guys should be burning up the phone lines.

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Bsides having the highest income & death taxes, with this piles on get out of dodge--the 591 Mossberg we carried on our boat would be a felony. Also, my collector M1-Garand would be illegal in NY what a crock.

Phil Berkowitz

12. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

Simply amazing... When you get to America Rich we can have a welcome party. Trust me, you'll find it very satisfying. I left NY back in 1997 and could not believe the difference just moving to Ohio made. When I go back to visit friends and family still there I do try to spend a couple minutes trying to get them to understand there is a difference between the states and in how they treat their citizens and NY is not a fine example.

Greg

13. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

The NY's I know will automatically put the rifle at port arms and trot right on down to the cops and register it and turn in the mag. Ya right. Become a felon by just sitting at home and doing nothing. What a bunch of idiots.

14. Beni

Beni Member

I live almost as far away from New York city as I can in NYS,dont mix us people in with the city people. I fought like hell and tried to get my buddies to fight to . Two of my state senators voted no where the hell was the rest of you. Lazyness and falling back on the NRA DOES NOT WORK. Our State Capitol is in Albany but we all know New York City runs the state. Bloomberg,Silverman,Schumer could care less about rural areas. I ve often said make New York City a seperate state. The bad wont happen bt way of the feds but by the states. beni

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Looks like the old 1911 .45 will be the king of NY.

I bet a lot of guys will be oiling their gardens. PVc pluming is going to fly off the shelf like plywood in a hurricane.

16. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

I dont have any beef with the Jewish people but it seems when they are in charge its Ok to have control of the guns, dont forget how Shicklegruber did the same thing to the people in Germany and surrounding countries... NY is full of Irish people too... you people forget too, dont you? I have friends who live in NY state. I have to clean out my car before I go there to visit. Yeesh!!

17. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rich- Good Luck on your new position and the move.

18. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

wpair..: That's an intereting thing I hadn't thought about. Although I remove my guns when I go to NY State near Irvington, I often have a flat of shells or at last a box of shells rattling around in the back. I guess that's illegal, and if found I could be in trouble.

19. lboh

lboh Member

I will vote with my $$. I swore off Chicago years ago and now added NY to that list.

Not supporting the freak show of a state any longer

20. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I hope the Assembly has more sense than the Senate. I haven't read all of it, there is a lot to it. Existing 10 round mags will remain ok to possess, but get this, you can't load more than 7 rounds in it, except at shooting range under certain circumstances where you can load 10. Dropping to detachable mag plus 1 evil feature from the previous 2 features to define an AW probably means all the AR's etc are illegal.

Then the ammo rules, how will target shooters survive this? It will put the small traveling guys that sell shells at shoots out of business. I'm not even sure if the State Association would be interested in registering as an ammunition seller. Same with gun clubs. What are the State Police going to do when they find out most target shooters buy thousands of rounds at a time? They are panicking over people having "hundreds" of rounds and I can see problems here. Probably end up with a $10 fee to run the check, that makes a box of .22 rimfire pretty expensive.

Sportsmen bear the brunt of this. Unless something gets changed on the ammo rules, target shooting of any kind will be on the way out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.