1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NY gun registration fee

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Tyranny is the most important. I wonder though how much the registration fee will be for those who register? Cuomo and the state lawmakers continue to spend and I am sure citing costs involved they will vote for a registration fee..if not the first year then added thereafter. Little by little our freedoms are being taken away by politicians who think they rule and we work for them, not the other way around. ed nichols

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

People often misunderstand a gun banner's definition of "reasonable gun control," which in their mind is no guns at all.

As greedy as NY government is, especially NYC, the fee will be more than just to cover cost.
    So if the fee can be set locally by local governments, like a city council, just ask, how high is up.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

They really don't know who has what guns. The fee will start out fairly high to cover the costs of the program and then will get reduced or eliminated to encourage people to comply. Then they will announce that they have successfully registered 93% of the guns when in actual fact, they have registered about 30%. Bill Malcolm

4. trapperwads

Bill..with all due respect. When Thomas Dewey was governor and the bond issue was floated to cover costs of the NYS Thruway it was promised that after so many years it would be paid for and there would be no more fees for traveling it. The fees have never disappeared ...only increased. So much for any politicians promises. ed nichols

5. Beretta687EELL

Ed, I live across the border from you in Ontario and that was our experience with our now scrapped registration program. They will spend billions of tax dollars to try and make it work and, as we all know, it won't work. Good luck. Bill Malcolm

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Bill,

You are thinking our politicans are as smart as your's are. I don't think so.

7. trapperwads

Rick...smart is not a word I would choose..cunning or sleazy maybe...and Bill thanks for the encouragement...I hope you are right. ed

8. Beretta687EELL

We had a change in government. Our firearms laws are federal, so they are consistent across the country. If you can change your state government, you can change the law. It took us 17 years, but we finally won that battle. The war will never be over. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.