1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NY gun law kicks in

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Key measures of New York's tough new gun law are set to kick in, with owners of guns now reclassified as assault weapons required to register the firearms and new limits on the number of bullets allowed in magazines. Background check to buy shells next.

2. Birddogfella

Birddogfella Member

UmmmHummm!
    I feel safer already!

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I can just see the gangbanger running to register his assult weapon. Wow, this does make me feel a whole lot safer. That's why they are running to adjoining states & elsewhere to get ammo & 30 round magazines. .223's going for a buck+ a shell & 30 round mags going for fifty bucks or more.

Big Jack

4. chemist

chemist Member

would anyone have any idea how it will affect a NJ gun owner who owns an AR 15 and has a camp in NY state? I know I can't even touch a pistol, unless at a registered shoot. I know the capacity law, but how does it affect registration being from put of state. I had to have a permit and the Fed check before buying it in NJ. Any help would be appreciated. Also, is there a list published of all the illegal guns or components that make them illegal in eastern states that have passed new gun laws. So far I have not found the site where I can download this info.

thanks

Rich Kaplan- chemist

5. redfin

redfin TS Member

there was a county wide gun buy back this past weekend,a bunch of old guys getting rid of closet junk.not one homey in sight,even thought it was held in a baptist church in a black area. 5 cops stting around looking for a serial # on a 60 year old .22,what a waste of money. joseph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.