1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NW Ohio Calcutta-Williams Co.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Roger Brenner, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Williams County Gun Club, Bryan, Ohio is hosting a non-registered 100 bird calcutta Sunday February 13th, 2011. Practice will be open 9:00 am with Auction around 11:00 am. Program will be 50-16's and 50 - Club Handicap. Food will be available and the long term forecast calls for a warm day. Come and enjoy a fun winter shoot. Roger

2. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Unfortunately I will be working down south and unable to shoot from my new 2 yard penalty from the last calcutta! Can I phone bids in?

Joe Smoke

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

What is the club hcp?

Rich in Indiana

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

At the last shoot, it was 2 yards minus your ATA yardage. I'm sure someone will answer your question properly.

Joe, Did you read the new rules?

1.) If you won a previous Calcutta, you have to shoot 7/8 oz #9's.
    2.) Madonna can not bid on Rosey
    3.) If the auctioneer makes any rude comments about you, he has to buy your shells.

5. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

OK,OK, I'll clean up the act!!!

Matt

6. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

I HAVE been shooting 7/8 oz of 9's Rosey. You have been peeking at my box labels, haven't you.

Rich- the club handicap is 2 yards less than your ATA average. Plus any yardage earned at the previous Williams County Calcutta in January. Non- ATA shooters hurl from 23 yards.

I have a starting bid I will phone in from Florida on the Rose Man of $100. Maybe get him cheaper on a wild card before everyone wakes up?

Joe Skoal

7. Setterman

Joe, Florida??? Any true shooter would go there in March (State shoot)....not now!

Sorry, I thought I saw 1 3/8 oz of #9's on your box.

Matt, I shoot Superhandicap 7 1/2's.

8. tweety1

tweety1 Member

I will keep the bid down on you Rosey, under 255 this time LOL

9. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Jim: Yes, I will be there.

Double Trouble: January's had about 40- 50 shooters with an average selling price of $60.00...usually have about $2,500 or so in calcutta plus other options. No load restrictions...just be safe and don't disrupt the harmony of the squad!!! Looks like mid 30's for temp-should be a great day.

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Roger I am going to be forced to use my trusty Mod. 12 as other 2 guns are you know where.

Don

11. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Big Don- I'd be happy to have Brad bring you a mystery gun to shoot Sunday!

12. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Big Don: Yea, Brad N. is bringing me a mystery gun as well because I think mine are the same place as yours...and warmer than we are!

13. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

supercap7.5's???? them is pricy bullets Rosey!!! not many sandbaggers that shoot those bad-boys.

14. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Big Don you can shoot your Model 12 well once you start hitting the target, you can come and practice today and Saturday so you are ready for Sunday. Roger since you are bring targets today you can practice too, which I'm sure you will since you are there.
    Hope to see you all on Sunday.

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe but I don't think any of your guns have them new fancy let go triggers in them. That old Mod 12 might have a few more good scores left in her if I treat her nice and tell her that Rosey is bringing his throw away guns.

I think Joe planned this trip on purpose just so he wouldn't have to shoot his new yardage.

Don

16. Setterman

BigDon, I'll bring my 870, you can shoot that. The trigger is a little rough, so you'll forget all about that "let go" stuff.

A simple gun for a simple mind.

17. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Oh Big Don- not so fast! I DO have a fancy let go trigger! And it sits in a gun that has a great reputation in the family, that being the Remington 1100 that my dad bested the field of over 2000 with in the Ohio Handicap at Vandalia in 1977. I remember it well, the day Elvis died! It is begging for some action, and we would be honored for you to burn the cobwebs out of it.

18. Draht Guy

Draht Guy TS Member

Do sporting clays shooters get to shoot from the 16 yd line?
    Will the skeet range be open...just kidding

Rosey Jr.

19. Setterman

Get back to work!!!......kids these days!!

20. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Adam-
    Make sure you clock out when you're surfing trapshooters. Your dad will catch you everytime, he's one of the troublemakers on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.