1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nutri -system?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Bit the bullet & order the nutri-system plan. Will get the "food" next week. Gonna miss alot of good stuff, especially my Johnny Walker Black. May beat the hell out of back surgery. My Neurosurgeon said if the weight loss doesn't help, then its his turn.

Has anyone out there been on this plan ?

Hope to be down to my goal by the NC state shoot. Anyway its a good excuse why my scores will stink. As if they don't right now.

Phil Berkowitz

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The "PUSH" diet worked for me (lost 50 lbs.) and is easier and less expensive than the nationally advertised plans.

Curt

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have a friend that did it. He lost about 60 lbs. He was very strick and no drink'in, at all.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

My wife was on it, she lost weight and put it all back on, she suggested I get on that diet system and when I saw what she was eating, I decided against it ...
    I bowl with a guy who lost 50 #s got married and not he is back to the same weight he was before ... I figure the additional weight is good for shooting in the wind if it ever gets really windy ... If God wanted you thin, you would be thin ... Eat the same food in smaller portions but eat 5 times a day instead of just 3 meals, and you will lose weight and keep it off ... Fast (nothing but water) one day a week ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I lost just shy of 60 lbs on it. This was shortly after a CABG. It does work but you must keep yourself under control. Also, do not be afraid to use the consoling service, especially at the start. You will get a meal plan booklet to record what all you ate during the course of the day and to record your water intake. Follow it and record EVERYTHING, even if you cheat, record it. You will find that it is not as difficult as you may think but that is not to say it is easy.

Hope you like salads, fruits and veggies. They make up a good part of what you will be eating. Also physical activity is a vital part of the plan. The initial weight loss will be a good deal higher than what you will lose per week after the first month or so. The first couple weeks is more water after that the fat starts coming off. That physical activity I said does show up in the weight loss record. When I was recording weekly weights (don't record daily just weekly) i noticed there were about three weeks where I lost about three pounds a week, then one week where the weight loss was just about a pound. Dawned on me, the first three weeks were, respectively, bear hunting and two weeks of deer hunting, the low loss week was lousy weather where I was pretty much confined to home.

All that said, now comes, as Paul Harvey said, "the rest of the story". After a while, a couple of years in my case it became much more difficult to maintain my resolve. I started to "cheat" a bit. It didn't take long for the weight that I lost to start to find me. Restaurants and buffets were my biggest challenge and also failing. When I was on Nutri-Systems I was not severely challenged by appetite but the smells and sights of some of the other "eating out" foods after several months, did take its toll. As it is, I am still below the weight when I started Nutri but am above by maybe twenty to thirty pounds what my low weight was. You must change your eating habits to keep the weight down. That holds true both on and after Nutri.

The Nutri food did taste good and offered a fairly large selection but other than tuna salad for one of the lunch offerings, at least in the plan I am on, there is no seafood offerings and I do like seafood. The meals are easy to prepare, most use either about a minute in the microwave or boiling water and a few minutes preparation time. The way the food is packaged, shipped and prepared does save a lot of decision making in the grocery store.

I did notice that gun fit was slightly changed. My face thinned out. But I am not a high enough average shooter to say that is why the scores went down slightly. A few months later, they did go up again to about what I was doing. I don't really know if it was just the normal slump that sometimes occurs or if it truly was because of the weight loss.

Good luck

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm an old-school "Diet & Exercise" advocate, but it can be very difficult especially if you are over 50 and have a lot of weight to lose. That being said, use whatever method you believe in and stick with it.

Ex-NFL player Bob Golic lost about 150 pounds in a year by using Nutri-System (even before they agreed to pay him to be on the TV commercials like his brother) so don't let anyone tell you it doesn't work. But at the end of the day, it's all about consuming fewer calories than you expend, and finding a way to keep the weight off after you lose it. Exercise helps a lot with that, plus you feel better.

Good luck, Phil, and congratulations on making this an commitment to improve your health.

-Gary

7. letts

letts TS Member

It is said that 10,000,000 people go to bed hungry each night in the good old USA. In my opinion all are on the nutra sweet diet. I am on it and it works if you stick with it.

Letts

8. maka

maka Member

Whatever diet you use. Start moving, mall walking in cold winters, home tread mill, or just walking around the dinning room table for ten to 20 minutes. Watch white flour and high sugar products. Switch to whole grains and lots of water. Good Luck. Minus 40Lbs. and holding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.