1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nut cases without bank accounts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

That thread about people that require postal money orders for payment for any item- 5 bucks- 100- 1000

Do you think someone is a nut case if they dont have a bank account and are afraid to go into banks?

Gene
    gn7777777_2008_0303166.jpg

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

This the USA, we are free to ask for whatever kind of payment we want, and you are free to call your potential customers nut cases if you chose.

I do agree it would be difficult to avoid the Federals knowing what financial transactions a person is doing but can imagine reasons it would be desirable. Am I a nut? I could give one of Senior Smokes friend's hemorrhoids less whether you judge me a nut or not. :)

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I only see ONE nut case in the room....anyone wanna guess who that may be?

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Gene, I respectfully disagree. I buy a lot of items - mostly guns - online and sell one now and then; USPS money orders are THE preferred method of payment and are accepted by everyone. Checks, whether "from a bank" or otherwise - not so much.

I recently sold a rifle on GunBroker and the ad clearly stated that a USPS money order was preferred and that any other form of payment would result in a shipping delay of 10 days. "No problem," said the buyer, "I'll get a money order on its way to you tomorrow." What arrived was a "personal money order." I had never seen one before, so I took it my credit union and asked if they would treat it the same as a USPS money order. The answer was NO - to them, it was just a personal check with an upgraded name. My credit union puts up to $450 of any form of funds into your account right away but they wait for several days to make sure the issuing bank or credit union doesn't return it for insufficient funds before crediting the rest. Accordingly, I did not advise my gunsmith to ship the gun until the balance of the transaction amount hit my account.

What's so hard about going to the post office?

Ed

5. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

VPR80, you talking about sbe?

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

No no....the other one that seems to have fallen off his high-chair and bumped his head, repeatedly.

7. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Ed-what's hard about going to the post office starting about now and lasting till the end of March is the long lines filled with our northern friends (AKA Snowbirds). It is almost impossible to go and not have to wait at least half an hour in line listening to the weather reports from Pennsylvania, Ohio, etc. And how back in Peoria they don't have ....

However, there is a little known secret (at least most Floridians around here don't know) and that's the Contract Post Offices that abound. They are located in hardware stores, strip malls and greeting card stores and never seem to have a line.

So, I can survive the money order crisis till the end of March. Now, how much do you want for it?

Bob

8. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Is has become Very Clear on this Board...Who the Nut Case is...You will never tell the whole story..As for me that's OK.
    I had and will continue to Refrain from airing our Terrible Deal..other than this...The Only Thing you got RIGHT is that I am a FAT A$$ S.O.B. 6'-3" and 425lbs. And what I am Sure of...Is.. that You MUST BE A VERY LITTLE MAN.Cuz you just Don't PLay Well with Other's..Enough Said.

9. g7777777

Ed- I am not debating the preferred method of payment

I dont care about what the preferred method is- the first nut case agreed to accept a bank check. He should have said no when I said that is the only way I am going to pay.

I also think it is crazy to not have a bank account and to be fearful every action you take is being watched by big brother.

Also postal money orders can be traced- and are- ever notice the cameras in the post office?

And its not one trip- you have to either have cash- or a debit card to get a postal money order.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

--

10. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

good one...

calkidd_2008_030321.jpg

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Gene get off the bottle and back on your meds, I can see this debate eroding, don't want to see you take another vacation

12. g7777777

Most of these nuts cases dont believe Obama is president either.

But they dont get out and help their chosen politician and they dont get out and vote- they just complain and fear the gov and claim Obama isnt president- lol

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. flabigpapa

Gene...Yes a Bank Check..even after I said How I wanted to be Paid..as a Courtesy to someone that I Thought was Going to do just that..you live in Iowa.
    2nd. Party check from N.C. Memo note your Name ..Different address from address you wanted it ship too..Smelled Funny and so do You..Give it a Break and Argue with yourself..That way you can WIN...Truly Enough Said..I'm Done.

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

WOW! Thank God I am on Gene's do not sell to list. Bulge.

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gene,

Why the hell did you put your sh!t stirring thread in the "Shooting Related" section? Guess you are not too perfect yourself.

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

everyone go have a drink and settle down. My dog finds it very calming.
    setterman_2008_0303131.jpg

17. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I bought a MX3 from Bart year and a half ago and it was a great transaction. Have emailed back and forth since and always found him to be very pleasant

Dave Eberhart

18. jls7522

jls7522 Member

Here is my 2 cents on postal money orders. I buy and sell a fair amount of guns. I am an FFL, so dealing with the Post Office for shipping is my preferred shipping method. I have lots of bank accounts so it isn't about big brother for me. I find it convenient and one less thing to worry about. I am going to the PO anyway to ship, so I cash the money order while I am there. Once the cash is in my hand I no longer have to worry about hot checks, forged bank checks, etc. As long as the buyer is happy, the transcation is over.

19. flabigpapa

jls7522, And it Must be a Pleasure to do Business with You...Again Enough Said.
    rhymeswithorange, It was a Great Transaction and my only Hope is ..that the next gun you get is the One your Looking For, Thanks for the Kind Words, Bart

20. g7777777

I also had another nut case- that wanted to take the gun and money I sent him and take my gun to a gunshow to sell it before he sent me his gun

Our deal was that we both ship guns on the same day only he didnt ship his and then imposed those other conditions- after mine was already enroute

Same thing- I dont think that guy wanted me to use a bank check and I had to insist that the only way I would do this deal is to ship it to an FFL

I think this guy sells at gun shows without an FFL

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.