1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Numbers for Browning forearm bracket screws??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by C H S, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C H S

C H S TS Member

Numbers for Browning fore end bracket screws??

I'm hoping someone will know the answer to this.

I recently replaced the ejector hammer springs on my 3 year old Browning XT Trap with lighter springs to turn the ejectors into extractors. I had to remove the fore end bracket to do this. I decided that it might be smart to get a few spares of the two screws that hold the bracket on because Gun-Tite can make them a bit tough to remove and endanger the phillips slots.

I ordered the screws from Brownells off their web site but the screws that they sent were not the right ones for my gun. The bags each had the right part numbers on them but the screws were too long and had the wrong thread pitch.

I downloaded the Browning parts manual from their web site and found that they listed 3 different screws for each location: a "blue" one, a "silver" one and one for the "Superlight". My screws are both black oxide so that was no help. Neither was the woman on the parts line who couldn't tell me anything about the screws they had and wouldn't put me in touch with someone who could.

I'm hoping someone knows which screws I need and can tell me which part numbers to order.

<center>[​IMG]</img>[​IMG]</center>
    Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.